View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
How do they work?
• Externally applied magnetic field
in a direction normal to the fluid
flow direction form dipoles in the
• Magnetic poles start attracting
each others to the direction of the
field, hence forming chains
• The chains then form a skeleton
within the fluid, which gains the
fluid controllable yield stress
Why MR technology?
Required Materials to
synthesize an MR fluid:
General purpose oil
• Lithium grease
Micron-sized iron particles
Mix them and you are done!
• Prepare a report and a presentation on tow
different smart materials of your choice
• At least three different references
• The report and presentation should reflect
good understanding of the subject matter
• DO NOT copy sentences or paragraphs from
• Due 27/9/2010