1. Business needs are not fulfilled Todays websites should be more than just a group of static pages that are more like a brochure or a business card. To grab and keep more traffic to a website it should provide a business value to its target audience. Knowing the objectives of the website and its business value is the key to success
2. Not keeping the harmony between the content and UI Creating a website needs two elements, good looks and rich content. The balance between the two elements is a major reason of success or failure. Taking care of design and UI over content makes it a beautiful site that is of no value. On the other hand providing rich and valuable content on a bad designed site would render it difficult to use and most likely to be abandoned. Both elements should be taken care of to maintain the interest of site visitors.
3. Not updating content to maintain repeated visitors Although a good design is an important element, site visitors would usually be interested in a web site for its value. The Content is the main source of value for a web site and it should be always rich and updated. Be it text information, photos, videos, slides, it is important to be always updated and revisited by the author(s) to give a good reason for the site visitors to mark it and visit it frequently.
4. Not marketing the web site ondifferent channels For a website to be known and visited, a proper marketing action should be taken. Visitor would know about a website from one of several channels like magazines, other websites through links, search engines or the old good street advertisements, to name a few. One or more of these channels should be pursued in order for the web site to be known and visited.
5. Not understanding the targetvisitors behavior Visitors behavior on the website are important to be predicted and catered for. Knowing the number of visitors and the peak time of visits will avoid having a slow web site that could cost the loss of visitors. Monitoring visitors behavior would also give an indication of the more important content on the site and give the opportunity to promote it and gives an indication of the less visited pages to be more developed or eliminated.
About ITConsigliere Enabling small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and start-ups to get more business value from IT.For more information please email to: email@example.com