1. Patel Dilip A. (110403107014) Modh Dhruv N. (110403107016) B.E. 5th Sem CE-1 Computer DepartmentSankalchand Patel college of Engineering
2. Abstract... Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operatingsystem, middleware and key applications. Android is a software platform and operating system for mobile devicesbased on the Linux operating system and developed by Google and the OpenHandset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in a Java-likelanguage that utilizes Google-developed Java libraries, but does not supportprograms developed in native code. The unveiling of the Android platform on 5 November 2007 wasannounced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of 34hardware ,software and telecom companies devoted to advancingopen standards for mobile devices.
3. Contents... Open Handset Alliance Introduction To Android Why Android Was Created? Android Architecture Development Tools Conclusion
4. Open Handset Alliance… The Open Handset Alliance (OHA) is a business alliance that was createdfor the purpose of developing open mobile device standards. The OHA hasapproximately 80 member companies, including HTC, Samsung, Intel, Motorola,Qualcomm and Google. The OHAs main product is the Android platform - theworlds most popular Smartphone platform
5. Introduction to Android… A complete & modern embedded operating system.A world-class software stack for building applications.An open platform for developers, users &industry.
6. Why Android Was Created? For full phone software stack including applications. Designed as a platform for software development. Communities Support.100% Java Phone. For better Security. We can reduce redundancy.
8. Linux Kernel Android relies on Linux kernel 2.6 for core system Services such assecurity, memory management, process management, network management,and driver model. The kernel is also acts as an abstraction layer between the hardwareand the rest of the software stack.
9. Runtime Every android application runs in its on process, with its own Dalvik virtual machine. Dalvik has been written so that device can run multiple VM sefficiently. In java we are using JVM but here DVM. Dalvik VM takes the generated Java class files and combines theminto one or more Dalvik Executable (.dex) files. It reuses duplicateinformation from multiple class files, effectively reducing the spacerequirement (uncompressed) by half from a traditional .jar file.
10. LibrariesLibc : c standard lib.WebKit : Kernel of web browserSQLite : Embedded databaseMedia Framework: Core part of Android multi-mediaOpenGL | ES: 3D image engineSGL: 2D image engineSufraceManager: Manage difference windows for different applicationsFreeType: Bitmap and Vector
11. Application FrameworkActivity Manager: Interact with the overall activities running in the system.Content Provider: A content provider is only required if you need to share data between multiple applications.Notification manager: Class to notify the user of events that happen. This is howyou tell the user that something has happened in the background.Package Manager: Class for retrieving various kinds of information related to theapplication packages that are currently installed on the device.
12. Telephony Service: Provides access to information about the telephony services onthe device.Window Manager: The interface that apps use to talk to the window manager.Location Manager : This class provides access to the system location services.