1. Web DesignFor A Startup Business Mavic Pineda IT Department-CCS 12 Nov 2005
2. Understand your web guests. Who is your target shopper??
3. Over 40 items in one window
4. IMAGERY is important. Use effective photos!
5. Design for what users want.Design for real people.Design with human limitations in mind.
6. Build a retention strategy. Retention is a result of a user-friendly web site. It is a function ofgetting service right the first time at the end of an order fulfillment.
7. What do people like?Ease of useSpeedPracticalityCredibilitySimplicitySupport
8. Design for Usability“A usable web is one that allows usersto do what they need to do, or get help easily, without becoming frustrated.”
9. General Principles for Web Design Consistency Interaction Instruction Choices Navigation-hierarchical, sequential, narrow & deep, broad & shallow) Control
10. Create PersonaA persona is a profile of an archetypaluser.Includes a name, social history & set ofgoals that drive the website1.1 The concept was developed by Cooper Interaction Design (www.cooper.com)
11. Visual Principles for Web Design Graphics
12. Visual Principles for Web Design Text Layout Serif Color Web-safe colors San serif
13. A Furniture Store
14. A Gift Shop
15. Other toolsCognitive walk-throughUsability auditFocus groupsLog file analysis
16. Recommended foreign sites to visitwww.smithandhawken - high-end gardeningsupply storewww.castorpolluxpet.com - maker of premiumpet productswww.ashford.com - internet retailer ofwatches, jewelry & other accessorieswww.staples.com - office supply retailerhttp://www.iokio.biz/ - go to camera finder;this is an example of information visualization
17. Recommended local sites to visit www.myayala.com – leading local virtual store www.rustansupermarket.com - online grocery service of Rustan’s www.sureseats.com - allows online movie ticket purchases
18. Rooms for improvementInborn Inc. -http://www.geocities.com/inborn_incorporated/ - where’sthe cake; change the moodComfort Zone Inc. -http://www.geocities.com/comfortzone_inc/How do I use the product? How much is it?Mood Creators Inc. -http://www.geocities.com/moodcreators2004/ - too heavyon text information; example of the theme servicedBS Inc. - http://dbs2005.tripod.com/How Sweet It Is Inc. - http://www.mysweetsurrender.tk –minor revisions; what’s the price, minimum order req’t?http://www.geocities.com/exciting_incorporated/ -rearrange the structure; make the pictures bigger andbrighter
20. PROJECTS TO BE REVIEWEDK31 - Accentuate, Inc. -http://www.accentuate.fil.ph/index.htmK32 - Apostles of the Sun Partnership -http://www.tantease.tkK33 - Aura Ventures, Inc. -http://aurasence.bravehost.com/Main.htmK34 - Bata Batuta, Inc. - http://www.t-patch.comK35 - Berliner Corp. - http://www.oatdoughnuts.tkK36 - Bocha Monde, Inc. - http://bocha.topcities.comK37 - Bread Crave Corp. - http://www.breadcrave.tk or http://www.freewebtown.com/breadcraveK38 - Bugs Away Corp. -http://www.geocities.com/bugsawaycorp
21. PROJECTS TO BE REVIEWEDK39 - BURP, Inc. -http://burp.atspace.com/index.htmlK40 - Enigma, Inc. -http://uk.messenger.yahoo.comK41 - Flecsy Partnership - http://lotir.tripod.comK42 - Gello made Corp. -http://www.gellomade.cjb.net/K43 - Iced Paradise Corpration-http://www.geocities.com/icedparadisecorporation
22. General RecommendationsWelcome page must be persuasive!Don’t forget to tell or show what is yourPRODUCT!About us page should have less emphasisUse big, clear pictures—with people using,consuming the product.Don’t forget your prices and thepackage/discount that you’re offering.Skip unnecessary information.Please check your spelling!!
23. Any other questions?Magandang Umaga sa inyong lahat.
24. Mavic G. PinedaIT Dept- College of Computer StudiesPresently working on the marketing ofthe BS-Information CommunicationsTechnology Management program ofthe IT Dept.Conducts lectures and workshops on E-commerce, Web and InteractiveMultimedia Designs.