• Also known as Direct2 Mobile (but not for long)
• mobileSQUARED is a research firm covering the mobile data industry, delivering a range of
services including research, analysis and consultancy
• We specialize in
• mobile social networking
• mobile Internet
• mobile content & entertainment
• mobile marketing and advertising
• operator strategy
• mobile consumer behaviour
• mobileSQUARED is a free monthly research publication covering the mobile content and
services market. We think about mobile, and that makes our global audience think too
–verb (used with object)
1. to go or look through (a place, area) carefully in order to find something missing
or lost: They searched the woods for the missing child. I searched the desk for the
2. to look at or examine (a person, object, etc.) carefully in order to find something
3. to explore or examine in order to discover
Mobile is dictated by online
• Authored Les Propheties (The Prophecies) in 1555
• Credited with predicting numerous events in world history, from
the Great Fire of London, the rise of Napoleon I of France,
Hitler and 9/11.
• And discredited as antedated forgeries written by later hands
with a political axe to grind.
• "Groups of guitars are on the way out."
• "It will be years - not in my time - before a
woman will become Prime Minister."
• "I have always found strangers sexy.“
• “640K ought to be enough for anybody.”
“You may be reminded of when you were a child.
Reactions to events could be child-like too -
prompting others to wonder what's wrong with you.
Concern about a Virgo or Pisces is possible. You
might also be prompted to find a photograph - or
have one taken.”
MA forecasts for 2008
Nov-07 - £59.95 mil.
Nov-08 - £25 mil.
Jan-09 - £10 mil.
£7 mil. -
More users browsing = more searches
Resulting in shift in
Daily search per user:2.5 to 4.5 (Yahoo!)
3 became a communication
company in 2008 (again)
•750 million page impressions per day
•Generates more traffic per year than
US and Western Europe combined
US$51.75 million revenues 1Q08
Do you know what an App Store is?
Would you use an app store?
The next big thing is doing the existing
-Already talking about mapping/navigational search
-Do you REALLY know your customers?
-Mobile population is: a collective 4 billion individuals
Profile button: It’s a person device, let
the consumers personalise it
Let the consumers control their
relationship with you
To subscribe, or find out
more about how our
research can help your
business, either email
me or leave me your