AR and Recognizr,
what is the value
- an immediate, no click interface
- tightly linked input and output
- computer vision is essential
- AR is mainly a ”here” experience
- AR is part of a larger UI ecosystem
- Realtime aspect is fundamental
- 3D etc.
AR in phones – at the threshold of being useful..
Some limiting technical factors
- Camera resolution, object distance, lighting conditions
- Low camera FPS gives motion blur, lagginess.
- More accuracy -> more data to be processed (CPU/GPU)
- Live processing requirements
-”Gimmicky”, ”too early”
-How to monetize?
- LBS, games, training, promotions, ads, shopping aid, events..