2. Welcome FRCMinnesota Family Institute Alliance Defense Fund Randy Wilson National Field Director Watchmen on the Wall Initiative
3. War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worthwar is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight; nothing he cares about morethan his own personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than The US Army John himself. Special Warfare F. Kennedy Museum - John Stewart Mills, British Philosopher
4. Who were thethree men inhistory whowalked on water?
5. How d we get here?
6. I have put Watchmen on your walls, OJerusalem; and you shall never hold you peace day or night. You who makemention of the LORD, do not keep silent. Isaiah 62:6
7. All tyranny needs to gain afoothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson
8. How have we remained silent?Ø 1954, the Johnson AmendmentØ 1962, prayer was tossed out of our schoolsØ 1963, the Bible was thrown out as a textØ 1971, No-Fault DivorceØ 1973, Roe v WadeØ 1980, 10 Commandments came down from School hallsØ Fallacy… we ll just stay home and not vote …Silent Majority
9. The results of being silent Consider what has happened over the past generation, on our watch:Ø Human life has become disposable.Ø Marriage is being radically redefined and devalued.Ø Human origins are taught in public schools with no allowance for a Creator.Ø Sexual promiscuity and perversion is encouraged by the entertainment media.Ø Public expression of Christianity is under assault.
10. What keeps us silent? ...my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge . --Hosea 4:6
11. Knowledge is, in every country, the surest basis of public happiness." --George Washington
12. "Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people,… - John Adams (Dissertation on Canon and Feudal Law, 1765)
13. Our Vision: Spiritually revived churches full ofinformed and impassioned Christian citizens actively promoting biblical values in American life.
14. Understanding the Truth of We the People… : redefine the terms The people are the leaders
15. President James A. Garfield The people are responsible for the character of their Congress. Ifthat body (Congress) be ignorant,reckless, and corrupt, it is becausethe people tolerate ignorance,recklessness, and corruption...
16. …If the next centennial does not find us a great nation…it will be because those who represent the enterprise, theculture, and the morality of thenation do not aid in controlling thepolitical forces.
17. "If the people fail to vote, agovernment will be developedwhich is not their government...The whole system of American Government rests on the ballot box. Unlesscitizens perform their duties there, such asystem of government is doomed to failure." - Calvin Coolidge, Thirtieth President of the United States
18. Politics: to engage in political intrigue, takeadvantage of a political situation; to deal withpeople in an opportunistic, manipulative ordevious wayPolitician: A seeker or holder of public office,who is more concerned about winning favor orretaining power than about maintaining principlesPolicy: a defined course of action
19. Democracy (man is king): no fixed moral code, mob rule:French Revolution, The majority decides to legalize orcriminalize whatever they wish. All responsibility isshared by the group, which means no one is responsible.Republic (law is king): bases its primary laws on a fixedmoral code. In a Republic, secondary or day to day lesserlaws are determined by a group of responsiblerepresentatives who legislate according to conscience.These new laws and the conscience of the representativesare expected to be in submission to the fixed primary moralcode. The representatives are personally responsible fortheir decisions.
20. Our destruction if it come at all, will be from...the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, fromtheir carelessness and negligence. – Noah Webster
21. The punishment which the wisesuffer who refuse to take part inthe government, is to live underthe government of worse men. - Plato
22. " So often, the contemporary church is a weak, ineffectual voice with an un-certain sound. So often it is an arch-defender of the status quo. Far from being disturbedby the presence of the church, the power structure ofthe average community is consoled by the churchssilent -- and often even vocal -- sanction of things asthey are. But the judgment of God is upon the churchas never before. If todays church does not recapturethe sacrificial spirit of the early church, it will lose itsauthenticity, forfeit the loyalty of millions, and bedismissed as an irrelevant social club with no meaningfor the twentieth century."
23. Wave of anti-abortion bills advance in thestatesMar 24, 3:01 AM EDTBy DAVID CRARYAP National WriterNEW YORK (AP) -- Dozens of bills are advancingthrough statehouses nationwide that would put anarray of new obstacles - legal, financial andpsychological - in the paths of women seekingabortions…
24. …Whats different this year is not the rawnumber of anti-abortion bills, but the fact thatmany of the toughest, most substantive measureshave a good chance of passage due to gains byconservative Republicans in last years legislativeand gubernatorial elections.Ø NC put a marriage amendment on the ballotafter an eight year fightØ Pastor Bob Emrich, Plymouth, ME
25. Our Mission:Championing Pastors to Transform America
26. The Call to Commitment for Pastors:Church Ministries encourages and equips Pastors to commit to three simple, but powerful action steps
27. Action Step 1:Pray and lead the church to become a house of prayer, pleading for:Ø Revival in the ChurchØ Spiritual Awakening in our NationØ Moral Renewal in the CultureØ Righteousness and Justice in our Government Leaders and Laws
28. Action Step 2:A. Preach on moral issues from a biblical perspective…
29. Action Step 3:Partner with 3 other pastors to join in prayer for our nation and preaching on moral issues, meeting regularly for encouragement and equipping, and then replicating after one year.Prov. 27:17, Iron sharpen iron, so one man sharpens another.
30. Our heritage, our opportunity… – Malachi 2:7 For the lips of a priest ought to preserve knowledge, and from his mouth men should seek instruction-because he is the messenger of the LORD Almighty.
31. – 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things, at all times, having all you need, you will abound to every good work.
32. –Samuel Adams"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen onsetting brushfires of freedom in theminds of men."
33. www.frc.orgwww.watchmenpastors.orgwww.cultureImpact.orgRandy WilsonNational Field Director – Church MinistriesFamily Research Councildrw@frc.org 202-340-8140