Michelle Morley Changing The Way We Teach, The Way We Work & The Way We Learn http://www.flickr.com/photos/cleopold73/2906486794/
Finding the Right Tool ....
Changing the Way We Teach http://www.flickr.com/photos/sanjoselibrary/2801521602/in/photostream/
How Can We Do That?
- Embed technology in the subjects you teach
- Researching & using presentation tools
Improving content skills with websites
What is the Purpose: Information you want them VS research?
- Create a space for students to easily access your links – ie. school connect – online bookmarking – blog – wiki
Researching – make sure you teach them appropriate research skills -
- “Everything on the internet is Not Free to Use”
1 Computer Classroom
- Research Centre – Class Researcher
Assigned a Class Blogger or Podcaster (pairs)
Data Projector – whole group
SMART Board – whole group
- Create a Blog or Wiki
- Helps to become more transparent
Allows for communication, collaboration
Platform to share work, learning
Share Work & Learning
- Podcasts or Voki
Screen Sharing – Math Casts
Video Sharing – Grade 4
Picture Sharing – Grade 1
Changing The Way We Work http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeioux/25772991/
How Can We Do That? http://wyatt67.edublogs.org/
Participate in Online Collaboration
- Create a wiki or a Google Doc to share with your school staff
Participating in the GSSD – SMART Board Wiki, Math Manipulative Wiki or Start a GSSD Science Community
Participate in a Global Community
- 40 Interesting Ways to Wordle in your classroom
Publish Student Work VS Handing-In Student work
- Google Docs – Share & Collaborate
Use Slideshare to publish a Powerpoint & post on blog/wiki
Paper Math Journal VS Online Math Journal (blogging)
Food For Thought ...
- Offering Students more choices in the way they submit assignments
If we can Google it does it make sense to memorize it?
Change your path to a lifelong learner – problem solver
- Connecting with other classrooms through blogging/email etc.
Video Conferencing - “Teach us Something” with an expert
Screen Sharing – Problem Solving
Changing The Way We Learn http://www.flickr.com/photos/laughingsquid/ 2744900536 / http://www.flickr.com/photos/reway2007/2449337043/
Create Personal Learning Networks http://etoolbox.wikispaces.com/PLN
Think About .... The way you teach The way you work The way you learn