1. Find the coordinates of the midpoint of PQ with endpoints P(‐8, 3) and Q(‐2, 7).
2. Find XM. X has coordinates (2, 7), and M has coordinates (6, 1).
Extra Distance & Midpoint Practice:
1. If CD = 12 and C(4, ‐7) and D(2, y), what's the value of y?
2. If the midpoint of a segment is (8, ‐2) and one of the endpoints is (12, 6), what
is the other endpoint?
Choose at least 3 of the problems that you got deductions on from
Write a new quiz problem that tests the same skill in a similar way
(using a quadratic for example in #15).
Solve each problem, showing your work to demonstrate that you
understand your mistakes.
If you do more than 3, you may receive some type of reward for your
Section 1.7: Transformations in the Coordinate Plane
1. Transformation: a change in the position,
size or shape of a figure
2. Preimage: the original figure
3. Image: the resulting figure after
4. Reflection: (flip) a transformation
across a line
5. Rotation: (turn) a transformation
about a point
6. Translation: (slide) a transformation where
all points of a figure move the same
distance in the same direction
7. Arrow Notation: a way of describing transformations
ABC ‐‐> A'B'C'
8. Rule: descriptors for translations ‐ (x, y) ‐‐> (x + a, y + b)