• Here you have my presentation about
Natural disasters I have presented in
• The lesson was focused on Earthquakes
• School: Escola Antoni Gaudí
• Unit of study: Natural disasters
• Title of the lesson: Earthquakes
• Level of the group: 6th grade
• Aim: To know about earthquakes, its
consequences and how to deal with them
CONTENT: Students will know
How an earthquake happens.
The parts of an earthquake: fault, seismic waves, focus, and epicentre.
COGNITION Students will be able to (thinking and learning skills)
Summarise their knowledge.
Extract information from a visual resource.
Apply imagination to answer questions and to compare.
CULTURE Students will be aware of
How to cooperate in a group.
The value of others ideas and opinions.
The fascination of the Earth and its processes.
The arbitrariness of the world in which we live.
The value of education.
What they are learning.
• In that lesson I have tried to do a real
• I have had difficulties with the
vocabulary. My students could not
express themselves as they wanted to
due the lack of vocabulary in English