1. Cross-Country Connections: Implementing Learning 2.0 in a Multistate Medical Library System Melissa L. Rethlefsen Mayo Clinic Libraries, Rochester, MN Ann M. Farrell Mayo Clinic Libraries, Jacksonville, FL
2. Purpose To assess satisfaction with a 13-week Learning 2.0 course and to determine whether knowledge and use of Library 2.0/Web 2.0 concepts and tools by library staff increased
3. Hypothesis Knowledge and use of Web 2.0 tools will increase
12. Average Level of Knowledge 1 is no knowledge, 5 is expert level knowledge 3.24 After 1.98 Before
13. Mean Knowledge: Before and After 1 is no knowledge 5 is expert level knowledge
14. Knowledge: Mean Change and Wilcoxon Signed-Rank p -Values p<.0001 0.73 YouTube p<.0001 1.56 Social Bookmarking p<.0001 1.07 Flickr p<.0001 1.69 Online Collaboration Tools p<.0001 1.52 Mash-ups p<.0001 0.82 Wikis p<.0001 0.86 Podcasts p<.0001 1.42 RSS Readers p<.0001 0.90 Social Networking p<.0001 1.33 RSS Feeds p<.0001 1.61 Tagging p<.0001 1.61 Creating Blogs p<.0001 1.70 Social OPACs p<.0001 1.03 Blogs p Value Mean Change p Value Mean Change
15. Perceived Amount Learned
16. Amount Learned by Overall Satisfaction
17. Overall Satisfaction: Completers vs. Non-completers Average Satisfaction Completers: 1.3 Non-completers: 2.4 All responders: 1.6
18. Weekly Satisfaction Levels
19. Perceived Easiest and Hardest Weeks
21. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! It was a fantastic opportunity It was a pain finding the time to devote to the activities but it was really worth it!
22. I find it interesting that we are being "forced" to create a blog when Mayo does not approve of their use. Our Library runs on minimal staff and I feel that my time at work is better spent helping the patrons and performing my job responsibilities. I became overwhelmed on the second program when we had to do our own blog. I work at night, alone and there was no one to ask for help .
23. Mean Perceived Usefulness to Mayo Libraries 1 is most useful, 5 is least useful
24. Perceived Most Useful 2.0 Tool for Mayo Libraries
25. Continued 2.0 Tool Use by Program Completers
26. Tool Use after 4 Months
28. Community and Sharing
29. Significant Increase in Knowledge Use of Web 2.0 Tools by Staff and Libraries Increased Positive Experience That Built Community
30. <ul><li>Lessons Learned: </li></ul><ul><li>Keep the lessons simple and short </li></ul><ul><li>Offer comprehensive instructions, liaisons for tech newbies </li></ul><ul><li>Consider hands-on classes or meetings </li></ul><ul><li>Participants need to take responsibility for their own learning </li></ul>
31. Learning 2.0 Programs Require Time
32. And a Positive Attitude to Learning
33. Thank You! All images are Creative Commons licensed on Flickr.