1. eval( " freedom_stack.push(culture)"); // The Creative Commons Solution? Mike Linksvayer Sharism Forum 2010-10-22 / Shanghai
2. exploitation problemmatization solution
3. “ The max net-impact innovations, by far, have been meta-innovations, i.e., innovations that changed how fast other innovations accumulated.” Robin Hanson (Economist) http://www.overcomingbias.com/2008/06/meta-is-max---i.html
4. “ We don’t have any idea how to solve cancer, so all we can do is increase the rate of discovery so as to increase the probability we'll make a breakthrough.” John Wilbanks, VP for Science, Creative Commons
5. “ Whenever a communication medium lowers the costs of solving collective action dilemmas, it becomes possible for more people to pool resources. And ‘more people pooling resources in new ways’ is the history of civilization in…seven words.” Marc Smith, Research sociologist at Microsoft
6. sharism ought aim high
7. exploitation problemmatization solution
8. culture? freedom? stack?
9. everything is culture data software?
10. will sharism bring a valid and perhaps needed holism to the discourse?
11. for practical purposes i’m talking about expression that isn’t software, but can be copied
12. some of the many dimensions of culturally constructed data (including software) factual, expression, instrumental, stable (transformation, maintenance, decomposition)
13. culture? freedom? stack?
14. freedom or sharing?
15. freedom = sharing // For intangibles
16. how much sharing and under what conditions optimal for... individual actors voluntarily-constructed commons public policy
17. culture? freedom? stack?
18. Application // The Web Network // TCP/IP Physical // Ethernet
19. Knowledge // Creative Commons Application // The Web Network // TCP/IP Physical // Ethernet
20. can also be seen as a graph of arbitrary resolution dependencies and reinforcements any self-similarity?
21. the sharing graph (network) free software + free culture help? oa + oer? free hardware + free net services? enwp + zhwp? vi + emacs?
22. enough sharing at a layer of the stack obtains explosive innovation
23. day-to-day all work on fine-grained nodes of the sharing network how can sharing win?
24. (that is how can welfare gain from sharing be maximized (i tend to look at policy level first) (apologies))
25. it is a race, sharing could lose grow too slowly fall down
26. exploitation problemmatization solution
27. // don’t know // analyze the sharing network // mass collaboration more domains // (someone else will talk about // network services. btw, how // does autonomy comport with // sharing?) // least sharing at knowledge layer // ∴
29. sharing infrastructure respect the law, build a sustainable and scalable society legal and technical tools enabling effective “some rights reserved” and “no rights reserved” requires stewardship: how are we doing?
33. <span xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"> <span rel=" dc:type " href=" http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Text " property=" dc:title " > My Book </span> by <a rel=" cc:attributionURL " property=" cc:attributionName " href=" http://example.org/me "> My Name </a> is licensed under a <a rel=" license " href=" http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ " >Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License</a>. <span rel=" dc:source " href=" http://example.net/her_book " /> Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at <a rel=" cc:morePermissions " href=" http://example.com/revenue_sharing_agreement ">example.com</a>. </span>
34. links currency of the web does your sharing solution build on that?
35. con vey your self to http://cn.creativecommons.org (Creative Commons China Mainland) http://creativecommons.asia (Creative Commons Asia portal) http://creativecommons.org (Creative Commons NGO)