1. QR codes in Education EducampWelly 2011 http://educampwelly.wikispaces.com/
2. QR?QR code is short for QuickResponse code. It is a two-dimensional code readableby dedicated QR barcodereaders and cameraphones. The code consistsof black modules arrangedin a square pattern on awhite background. Info
3. How to create the codes? • Many free online tools let you create QR code. They are typically quite straigthforward to use • The use of QR codes is free of any license. • ISO standard => all generators give equivalent results. Info
4. Fastest - Bitly, goo.glbitly -> add .qrcodegoo.gl -> add .qrat the end of the shortened URL to show theQR code. Tools
5. Basics - Kaywa http://qrcode.kaywa.com/• A short piece of text• Website address• Email address• Phone number Tools
9. Aim for simple codes• Aim for simple codes for low end phones • Avoid to put too much text in the code. Same url, without and • When linking to a with shortening resource, use a url shortener. Beware!
10. Be mindful of cost• Whenever the QR code links to online resources, this costs your students.➡ Run some awareness session with your students and staff. Beware!
11. Out of the classroom Field trips / Museum / Library Context
12. Scavenger huntThe use of QR codesthrough printed signs orstickers, will help provideclues, problems, additionaltext information and online
13. Add InformationThis QR code provides alink to a presentation onyou tube.
14. Deeper encoding Look at the Vint Can you age Comp find and uter Adv people i name the ert disp n the ad 6 genuin lay. verts? ely famo usOn museum visits or ﬁeldtrips, add code that embedtext to ask questions orlink to a quiz to encouragedeeper encoding of newlyacquired information.
15. In the classroom Context
16. Linking to a Website URLThis QR code provides alink to the EducampWellywikispace.
17. Reference MaterialsThis QR code links to apage of the MoLeFewebsite that provides along list of resources aboutQR codes in education
18. Just in time explanationThis QR code links to avideo of the KhanAcademy.
19. How to use equipmentLink to Merriam Webstervisual dictionary, page onlaboratory equipement.
20. To teach physical skillsSee this skill inaction. http://www.thephysicaleducator.com/?p=77
21. To personalizePersonalize byadapting to thelearner’s skill level http://www.thephysicaleducator.com/?p=77
22. To engageCapture the attentionof your audience with acreative use of codesthat will surprise and http://mashable.com/2011/04/26/qr-code-resume/draw in.
23. On demand informationLink toOxygenVideo forlearners toexplore intheir owntime if theywish so. http://www.periodicvideos.com/
24. Music sheet links to MP3QR code with directdownload link for aMP3 ﬁle. image http://www.ﬂickr.com/photos/horiavarlan/4329908160/
25. Crude responder system http://www.slideshare.net/andyramsden/qr-codes-mlearn08-presentation
26. Locate on a mapLink to the location ofWellington Colledge onGoogle MapLow end phones may need adecoder service: http://zxing.org/w/decode.jspx
27. Communication and Logistics Contexts
28. Calendar linkCalendar link fora parents meeting
29. SMS promptSMS link to invite feedback onan initiative using a pre-written text message to yourSMS service.Subscription to a SMS newsalert. http://shkspr.mobi/blog/index.php/2011/05/charity- qr-codes-a-missed-opportunity/
30. Wiﬁ network loginOnly on Android.Credentials for logininto local wiﬁnetwork. http://skattertech.com/2011/01/quick-tip-use-a-qr-code-to-share-wiﬁ-passwords-with-android/
31. Emergency manualTelephone number whichtriggers your mobile phoneand allows you to quick callthe number.
32. Involve parentsProviding a QR code on thewindow may be a way tofacilitate conversation aboutthe school day. Allanah King Classroom window http://moturoa.blogspot.com/2010/10/qr-codes.html
33. Learning Network Context
34. Contact informationCode with full contactdetails. Name, address,phone, email, website.
35. Follow me!Follow me! @widged
36. QR Codes in Education. Niceinfographic describing QRhistory and usage statistics anda long list of possible activities.http://theeffectiveteacher.wikispaces.com/QRcodes Resources
37. 40 interesting ways to use QRcodes in the classroomhttps://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dhn2vcv5_765hsdw5xcr Resources
38. 7 things you should knowabout QR codeshttp://www.educause.edu/ELI/7ThingsYouShouldKnowAboutQRCod/163728 Resources