Manhattan Press (HK) Ltd.
We are a dynamic and innovative educational publisher specialized in providing high-
quality school textbooks, supplementary books, teaching resources and multi-media
To cope with our business growth, we are now seeking for individual of high caliber
to join us:
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and content quality
control of chemistry textbooks, targeting for students studying for the new senior
• Ensure the textbooks meet the criteria stipulated by Education Bureau in terms of
their flow, organization, cohesion, teaching methodology and assessment
• Prepare teaching materials such as question bank, assessment booklets and
• Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, textbook content, and teaching materials and
methods of instruction.
• Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking
with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
• Prepare, rewrite and edit copy to improve readability, or supervise others who do
• Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
• Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and
• Develop story or content ideas, considering teacher, student or parent appeal.
• Review and approve proofs submitted by other editors prior to publication
• Verify the contents of publications according to the publication's style, editorial
policy, and publishing requirements.
• Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication
• Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space
parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
• At least 2 years experience in academic/textbook publishing or related work is a
must, preferably with relevant teaching experience
• Bachelor degree major in chemistry and P.C.Ed holder, with Master of Education
(Science Education) preferred;
• in-depth knowledge of chemistry and latest pedagogy and assessment will be an
• Familiar with MS Office applications, including Chinese word processing
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in both English and Chinese
• A character of creative, patient, friendly, enthusiastic, self-motivated, energetic &
• Excellent follow-through and an eye for details
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
A competitive package including attractive salary, bonus plan, 5-day work, medical
benefits will be offered to the right candidates.
Please apply with full resume and salary expectation to: makkoonwing@gmailcom.
All personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and be used for
recruitment purposes. Information on unsuccessful candidates will be destroyed
within 3 months.