2. This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. <ul><li>For the past 5 years, five friends Marvin, Lewis, Charlotte, Danielle and David a group of teenagers have been complaining and moaning about leaving school . They say that they can’t wait to turn 18 and leave school, they talk about everything that they are planning to do and they discuss the advantages of being 18 and being free. Time flies and the 5 years is over, their about to graduation from secondary school and head off to universities and various places . </li></ul>We decided to use Teenagers because associate with horror films, they enjoy watching at them. Also horror films usually include teenagers. This is something that all teenagers tend to do, we complain and moan about leaving school, we used this because our target audience can relate to it. Turning 18, something that all teenager patiently wait for with anxiety. Graduation, something that most teenagers want to do, so they can enjoy life.
3. <ul><li>It’s a week before the day of graduation and the girls are having a sleepover , the boys are having a night out. During this time they reveal what they are going to do on graduation day and the steps they are going to take towards their future. Danielle (the blonde slutty girl) talks about having sex, her slutty ways are revealed. Charlotte being the innocent girl (final girl) talks about heading off to university and getting a degree and becoming a lawyer. David and Marvin seems quite ambitious, he talks about their plans of going university, but they will keep all options open, they discuss having sex with as many girls as possible, partying and making money. </li></ul>This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. During a sleepover, some of the most inner deep secrets are reveal. In most horror films, after sleepovers and secrets are revealed and death begin to take place. Also most girls watch horror film during sleepovers . The final girl is always the innocent girl, we decided to use this, because in everyone’s circle of friends there’s always an innocent one, who survives. The slutty girl is always blonde, also the slutty girl always dies first. In everyone’s circle of friends there’s always one slut, this makes it easier for the audience to relate to. Having Sex SEX = DEATH. This immediate lets the audience know they someone will die.
4. This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. <ul><li>It’s Friday night and graduation day is here, they all successfully graduate and are happy. They decide to celebrate by going away over the weekend, since they are all adults now they wont need there parental consent . They decide to go on a road trip to camp out in the woods as a way of celebrating. </li></ul>We decided on Friday night , because it’s a typical time were people go out and stay out late, because they have 2 free weekend days. Most teenagers go out on Friday night as well. They decide to go away. This is a basic way to celebrate as they want to go away from their parents. They don’t need their parents consent , because they are officially adults and can do as they please. They decide to take a road trip, because they are 18 and can drive. Again our audience can relate to this, because they don’t have enough money to travel, they would drive to their destination.
5. This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. <ul><li>The next day they set out on their trip, buying booze, alcohol and condoms . They are also carrying drugs . They start their journey around 6 o’clock in the night , everything is going well and the journey is smooth. They reach their destination; they decide to walk around the woods , they discover a house and decide not to build a tent but to stay in the house . They enjoy themselves in the house in many ways such as drinking, smoking weed and having sex. But when teenagers mix with alcohol and drugs, events turn and it’s always the blondes and the brunettes that receive the worst punishments. Little do they know that they are not alone in the house, they are being watched by (Kayo) the man that lives there. </li></ul>On this road trip they decide to experiment so they buy booze, alcohol, condoms and carrying drugs. This is what stereotypically happens when teenagers are left without adult supervision. We choose to set it at night time and in the woods, because we have to isolate our audience. Also night time is a time of darkness, when people are easily frightened and intimidated. Having a house in the middle of the woods . This is because we wanted to add the though of a haunted house, we isolated our audience and brought them to a secluded house. No-one will hear them screaming.
6. This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. <ul><li>Kayo is an ex-convict who is hiding out in the woods ; he has no family, as they had migrated to another country, when he came out of prison. They get high and become delirious, they start to think that all the events that are taking places are in their imagination. </li></ul>Murders normally have a background story. We decided to make Kayo an ex-convict. By doing this the audience already have an idea of what he is capable of doing. We decide to have him, hiding out in the woods, because they woods is a very big secluded area, if they police were to search there is would take time. We also did this because the area is isolated, you wouldn’t think anyone would live there.
7. <ul><li>Charlotte is the innocent girl, she doesn’t drink much, whilst everyone thinks this is in their imagination, Charlotte knows exactly what is going on. Kayo gentle watches his victims. He gently focuses and eyes up Danielle as she is dancing. The light in the house begin to flicker and then goes off . They begin to panic, all we hear is a scream. </li></ul>This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. Kayo gently watches his victims. We decided this because all murders watch their victims before they attack, also this will make people more aware of the things around them. The light in the house begins to flicker and then goes off. This creates tension, we begin to think what’s going on. By the light going off we are terrified. All we hear is a scream. This builds up the tension. The audience immediately know that something has happened. Horror convention there’s always tension which leads to a scream.
8. This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. <ul><li>Kayo appears with a knife in his hand , the fight and chase begins . They run around the house trying to escape, but all efforts are blocked. He gets a hold of Danielle, we have a blackout, we immediately hear a scream and see Kayo’s bloody knife . He started to kill them off one by one. The last victim left is Charlotte (the final girl) who is conscious to everything going on. </li></ul>We decided that the marauder should have a knife in his hand, because this links in with the horror conventions, using a gun would be seen as too easy. The fight and chase begins. In horror films there are always fight and chase scenes. This is because it builds up tension. It also gives audience a sense of escape, they think they have succeed, because they have escaped. We have a blackout and immediately. By having a blackout we cause the audience to know that something is going to happen. To shock the audience they hear a scream. This confirms that something has happened. Bloody knife. This shows that the knife has been used, a murder has taken place, it shows the fearless and beast like side of kayo.
9. This is my analysis of the media treatment. From doing this I am aware of the conventions that we have used, as how this conforms to horror trailers. <ul><li>In the end, Kayo kills all the teenagers with his knife except for Charlotte as she manages to escape in to the woods and survives. </li></ul>Knife . A knife has more effect because you would potentially have to stab someone, more than once for them to die. Also there are a lot of Knife crimes going on nowadays amongst teenagers, so this lets them know the dangers of knifes. Charlotte manages to escape in to the woods and survives. Charlotte (brunette) being the final girl survives, this is because the final girl always survives. We used this from the horror codes and conventions.