1. Eggplant dip is similar to hummus and can be used as a side for veggies or as a spread for your sandwiches!Preparation Information Time: 30 minutes Serves: 8 Total Cost:$3.58 Price per Serving: $0.45
2. Ingredients:1 large eggplant 1 16 oz can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans) Cooking spray 3 cloves garlic 1/3 cup lemon juice 2 Tbs Peanut butter Salt and Pepper to taste 1 Tbs olive oil-as needed
3. Directions: Peel and slice eggplant about ½ inch thick, and roast in 400 degree oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until soft. Be sure to spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray before placing eggplant on the sheet. In a blender or food processor, combine eggplant and remaining ingredients, except oil until smooth. Use a spatula to ensure all of the ingredients are pureed together. Mixture will be somewhat thick. Slowly incorporate olive oil until well mixed. Serve chilled.
4. Suggestions Use crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper for an added kick. Enjoy with veggies such as carrots or cucumber, on a pita, or as a sandwich spread. Try using black beans or white beans in place of the chick peas. Vegetable oil can be used instead of olive oil. Prepare the night before a party for a great appetizer dish!
7. This eggplant recipe goes great as a side dish. Add some ground turkey or meat substitute to it to make it a meal!Preparation Information Total Time: 1.5 hours Serves: 4 Total Cost: $5.89 Cost per serving: $1.47
8.  Ingredients 1 large eggplant Olive oil for sprinkling Dash of salt (1/8 tsp) 1/4 tsp Pepper 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 1 medium ripe tomato, coarsely chopped 1 onion chopped 1 Tbsp hot sauce 1 C cottage cheese 1/2 C Mozzarella, shredded, divided 1 Tbs Seasoning as appropriate (Italian seasoning, oregano) 1 egg, beaten
9. Directions Set the oven at 400°F Halve the eggplant lengthwise. Place them in the baking dish, cut sides up. Drizzle generously with olive oil and season to taste. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender. Scoop out the eggplant flesh into a mixing bowl with a spoon and mash it with a fork. In a skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Sauté chopped garlic over medium heat stirring often for 2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the tomatoes, onions, salt, and pepper, stirring often for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the eggplant flesh and hot sauce. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until the mixture is pulpy and well flavored. Turn the heat off.
10.  Lower the oven temperature to 375°F. Stir the cottage cheese, 1/4 C mozzarella, seasonings into the eggplant mixture. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes and add the egg and combine. Fill the eggplant shells back with the stuffing. Return the shells to the baking dish. Bake the eggplant for 30-40 minutes or until the shells are tender when pierced with a fork. During the last 10 minutes of baking, sprinkle ¼ C mozzarella on top of the eggplant.
11. Suggestions Use low fat or fat free options for the cottage and mozzarella cheeses for a lower calorie, healthier dish! Vegetable oil can be substituted for olive oil. 1/2C spaghetti sauce can be used instead of tomatoes.
14. This classic Italian dish can be served as an entrée. Try adding some ground turkey or meat substitute to make this a complete meal!Preparation Information Total Time: 1 hr 10 min Serves: 5 Total Cost: $14.27 Cost per serving: $2.97
15. Ingredients 2 large eggplants, sliced lengthwise 3/4-inch thick (8 slices) 5 tablespoons olive oil Cooking spray for baking dish Dash table salt (1/8tsp) 1/2 tsp ground black pepper 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 (15-ounce) container Cottage Cheese 1 large egg 1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese divided 1 tablespoons dried oregano leaves, Italian seasoning or other comparable seasoning 1 16oz jar of spaghetti sauce
16. Directions Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange sliced eggplant in a single layer on 2 sheet pans. Brush on both sides using 3 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake the eggplant until it is soft and golden, about 25 minutes. Turn over half way through cooking. After this step lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In a medium skillet add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the minced garlic for 2 minutes. Add jar of spaghetti sauce and allow it to simmer for at least 10 minutes. In a large bowl add the cottage cheese, egg, 1 C Mozzarella, Italian seasoning, 1/8 teaspoons of salt and 1/2teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
17.  Spray a 13X9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Lay 4 slices eggplant on top followed by the cheese mixture. Lay another 4 slices of eggplant and finish with marinara sauce. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella. Bake until golden brown, at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes.
20. A classic buttermilk pancake jazzed up with sweet raspberries makes this a favorite for all ages. Add Raspberries to your favorite pancake mix for an easy morning meal!Preparation Information Total Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 Total Cost: $6.00 or $1.08 Cost per serving: $1.50 or 0.27 cents for boxed version
21. Ingredients  1 egg 1 Cup buttermilk 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 Cup flour, all purpose 1 Tbsp sugar, granulated 1 tsp baking powder ½ tsp baking soda ½ tsp salt 1 Cup raspberries Cooking spray, olive oil
22. Directions Beat egg in a medium bowl and add remaining ingredients in order listed and beat until smooth. Heat frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Pour batter onto pan using ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Flip pancakes once bubbles start to form on the top, or until golden brown. Remove from pan once golden brown on both sides.
23. Suggestions Use boxed pancake mix to lower the cost of ingredients. Add additional mix or flour if the batter is too watery. Use low fat buttermilk for a lower calorie option! Don’t have buttermilk? Use 1 Cup milk +1Tbs vinegar instead! Serve with sugar free raspberry jam for an even sweeter morning treat! Try using half whole wheat flour for a higher fiber pancake that will help keep you full for your morning.
26. Use this sweet and flavorful dressing on top of your favorite salad!Preparation Information Total Time: 5 minutes Serves: 24 Total Cost: $2.64 Cost per serving: $0.11
28. Directions Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.Suggestions  Use as a dressing for a salad or for your favorite veggie dip. For a less sweet dressing add more cider vinegar. To lower the sodium use reduced sodium chicken broth.
31. Try this sweet treat as your breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert.Preparation Information Total Time: 5 minutes Serves: 2 Total Cost: $2.01 Cost per serving: 1.01
32. Ingredients  ¼ Cup raspberry yogurt ¾ Cup milk 1/3 Cup frozen raspberries Ice Directions  In a blender add all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
33. Suggestions Use sugar free, non-fat yogurt and skim milk for a healthier, guilt free treat! Try using soy milk or almond milk for a nutty alternative to this smoothie! Fresh raspberries can be used instead of frozen, add 1/2C ice to keep the drink frozen!