On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
• Click inside a text placeholder, and type or paste the text. Note: If your text exceeds the size of the placeholder, MS PowerPoint reduces the font size and line spacing incrementally as you type, to make the text fit. Educational Technology2
“Placeholder” It is the area which consists of dotted box on the slide where text can be typed. It can also store other objects like clip art, and charts.
• To add text that becomes part of the shape and moves when you move the shape, select the AutoShape and start typing. Educational Technology2
• To add text that is independent of the shape and does not move when you move the shape, add a text box. On the drawing toolbar, click Text Box. Educational Technology2
• On the slide, point to where you want the text box, click, and then type or paste your text. Educational Technology2
• On the slide, point to where you want the text box, drag the text box to the size you want and then type or paste your text. Note: To add text to a line, connector, or freeform AutoShape, you must add text using a text box. Educational Technology2
• On the Drawing toolbar, click Text Box. Educational Technology2
• Repeat the following process for each slide you want to set the timing for. 1. On the Slides tab in normal view, select the slides you want to set the timing for. Educational Technology2
2. On the Slide Show menu, click Slide Transition.3. Under Advance Slide, select the Automatically after check box, and then enter the number of seconds you want the slide to appear on the screen. Educational Technology2
1. On the Slide Show menu, click Rehearse Timings to start the show in rehearse mode. Educational Technology2
2. Click the advance button when you’re ready to go to the next slide. Educational Technology2
• When you reach the end of the slide show, click YES to accept the timings or NO to start over. Educational Technology2
1. If the Custom Animation task pane is not displayed, on the Slide Show menu, click Custom Animation. Educational Technology2
2. In the Custom Animation task pane, click the item in the Custom Animation list that you want to change the timings for. Educational Technology2