1. CHARACTER BUILDING OF OUR YOUTH (In the light of Islam)
2. CHARACTER BUILDING OF OUR YOUTH Education is the birth right of every Muslim & Muslimah. Islam puts considerable emphasis on its followers to acquire knowledge Recite in the name of your Lord who created - Created man from a clinging substance.
3. Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous – Who taught by the pen – Taught man that which he knew not .
4. IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION Investment in education is the best invest. Like as a intellectual property. No one can steal or destroy. No GOVT. Can levy tax. Without education, no one can find the proper right path in this world. Our Holy Prophet (SAW), said,Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave.
5. AIM OF ISLAMIC EDUCATION IS CHARACTER BUILDING
6. “Certainly did Allah confer [great] favor upon the believerswhen He sent among them a Messenger from themselves,reciting to them His verses and purifying them andteaching them the Book and wisdom, although they hadbeen before in manifest error.”
7. WHY ISLAMIC EDUCATIONPakistani society today is drifting aimlessly in a sea of problems: Crime Drugs Poverty Divorce Disrupted upbringing Child abuse
8. Parents Teacher YouthSyllabus Atmosphere
9. PARENTS Send them school . Send them tuition. Recite Holy Quran after that watch TV and suffering internet. TEACHER Just cover the syllabus and that’s all.
10. TYPE OF TEACHERS Instructor Educator Mentor
11. BUT NOW-A-DAYS TEACHERS ARE EDUCATIONAL MERCHANT Now Purpose of education is to provide for the eco. prosperity of a nation At personal level, purpose is to acquire academic and professional skills To earn a respectable living with riches and fame, and also a luxurious and comfortable life Providing eco. prosperity of a nation does not contradict his/her Islamic beliefs Islamic education means acquiring Islamic religious knowledge-study of Quran, Arabic, Hadith, Sunnah, Seerah, Fiqh,
12. TYPE OF MUSLIMSwe have two types of Muslims. Those who have followed the Western type of education or secular education Those who have acquired Deeni or Islamic education.
13. LACK OF DIRECTION Students don’t know what they want to do. MBA/MA/MSC ? B.COM/B-TECH/B.A/BSC/BCS ? FSC/I.COM/F.A/DAE/ICS ? Metric Science/Art
14. PROBLEMS IN SCHOOLSProblems in Schools No Adaab or Islamic etiquette or behavior Parents want teachers to be lenient Profanity is written on the walls, desks, blackboards, etc. Behave roughly: laughing, talking,, rip off their Hijab on the buses. Discipline: Behavior is no different from the Public Schools. Teachers are not fair. Spoiled kids as their parents are rich or important Less school activities for girls. Little opportunity to interact with other students. Schools are running without an Islamic curriculum, often without a syllabus No textbooks. No qualified and trained teachers or certified teachers. (Quality in education is not possible without good teachers.)
15. CONCLUSION Objective of education is to prepare the young generation for leadership. Aim of Islamic education is Character building. Growth and development of an Islamic personality should be the final goal of any Islamic School. Islamic values are the foundation of the Islamic personality. Aim is to develop the personalities of our children to the end that they will be conscious of their responsibility to God (the Creator) and to fellow humans.
16. RECOMMENDATION Education should aim at the balanced growth of the total personality of man through training of the human spirit, intellect, rational self, feelings and senses. The training imparted to a Muslim must be such that faith is infused into the whole of his/her personality and creates in him/her an emotional attachment to Islam . Enables him to follow the Quran and Sunnah and be governed by Islamic system of values willingly Joyfully so that he/she may proceed to the realization of his/her status as Khalifatullah to whom God has promised the authority of the universe."
17. RECOMMENDATION Need to prepare the younger generation having leadership quality . Not to be the followers of alien ideologies but to play the role of torchbearer by their excellence in knowledge, character, and positive action.