5 freedoms for dairy animals• Freedom from hunger and thirst• Freedom from discomfort• Freedom from pain, injury and disease• Freedom to express normal behavior• Freedom from fear and distress
Which picture is better?
WATER and FODDER is top priority for ‘SUCCESSFUL DAIRY FARMING’
• 60% cost of production is incurred on nutrition• The most cheapest source of nutrition• Variety of choice available in selection for 1. Palatability 2. Nutritional value (Protein, energy, vitamins & minerals) Dependable source of permanent supply
• Seasonal• Annual/multi cuts• Perennial/multi cuts• Herbs/Shrubs and fodder trees• (Atriplex, Methi, Buffalo gourd, accacia, albizzia, Malberry, Sesbabia , Iple Iple) vetch grass and other desert trees like euphorbeace• Permanent ranges for grazing
Digestible Fast GrowingFaster Regrowth Palatable Easy Storage Nutritious
• Soil/Water quality (pH , EC, SAR, Na salts etc)• Season( Too hot and too cold)• Photosensitivity of the crop to b selected• IQ of the farmer• Land preparation• Seed• Planting methods ( Broad cast, Dibbling, Drilling)• Irrigation management, flood irrigation, Rain fed• bed irrigation, trickle irrigation & pivot irrigation Continued……………………………….
• Crop stand• Herbicide• Fertilizer management• Pesticide management• Points to be considered before harvest• Nutritional value, crop vigor, Weather forecast• Harvest calendar
• High Sugar contents• Maximum Cuts• High Yield• Late Maturity• More Nutritious• Better leaf to stem ratio• Auriga Quality Seed
ROAD FROM POVERTY TO PRODPERITY RULES OF 7• Your Will to bring change• Use of available modern technology• Use of available resources• Investment• Trained HR• Comparing your speed with others in same situation• Latest available marketing techniques
ISSUES OF CHOLISTAN• Water scarcity• Wish to develop is there but will is shaky• Lack of awareness• Less Investment• No continuity in development policies• Political interference• No Infrastructure
Options for Planting Fodder Crops to Reduce Feed Gap1. Availability of inoculum.2. Suitable cutting stages.