34 Ideas For Using
In Other Ways
I find it fascinating to explore new
ways to use food as part of the journey
of creating a new relationship with it.
This has become a random hobby of
mine, to learn recipes for making body
scrubs, lotions and soaps using all-
natural ingredients. It’s a fun hobby to
make gifts. I also find that the all-
natural products I create work just as
well, if not better, than the expensive
products I have poured money into.
Here’s a list of 34 different
foods and alternative ways to
1. Oatmeal can be used for a facemask and
scrubs. Oats contains gluten that whisks away
dead cells making skin smooth and supple.
2. Banana peels can be useful in many ways because they
are full of antioxidants. Applying the inner portion of banana
peels to your face alone can help you brighten and tone your
skin. Dry skin? The vitamins and minerals in banana peel can
help you get rid of dry and dull skin by locking in moisture.
Acne? The enzymes in banana peel can help get rid of not
only acne, but dark blemishes as well. Wrinkles? No problem!
The antioxidants in banana peel will help hydrate and promote
supple youthful skin.
3. Lemon with its citrus smell can be used as
deodorant because it keeps the skin smooth &
germ-free. It can also be rubbed over areas of rough
skin to remove dead skin cells.
4. Use Salt for exfoliation. It can be combined with
other extracts like coconut or olive oil to lessen it’s
rough texture, then rubbed on the skin.
5. Have you tried applying Mayonnaise on your hair
as a moisturizer? (I also like coconut oil…it just feels
a little better to put coconut oil on my hair instead of
6. Baking soda added with a teaspoon of water can
be mixture of an alternative whitening toothpaste as
well as an exfoliating scrub for your face, especially
if you have oily skin.
7. Treat yourself with a natural honey facial
spa to rejuvenate your skin. You can combine
with avocado and a cooked carrot to make a
moisturizing face mask.
8. Cucumbers are not just great to reduce
puffiness of the eyes but it can also be good
for the skin.
9. Egg yolks are great for moisturizing the
face. You can rub egg whites on your face and
leave for 10-15 minutes. Pores are minimized
and eye puffiness is reduced.
10. Orange peels can be used as a raw
material for making biodegradable plastics. A
little grounded or dried peel can also be used
in a bath to stimulate the skin. You can also rub
a peel on your skin before going outside to
11. Put Onions on your socks to draw out
toxins as it absorbs this harmful substance
when it’s placed under your feet. You can
make a face mask out of it to draw toxins from
12. Did you know that Garlic is used as a
natural remedy in removing acne? You can use
to purify pores or to rid yourself from
13. A natural Avocado mask
cleanses, soothes and replenishes dry skin to
make you look smooth and vibrant
14. Papayas are widely used among beauty
products because it contains enzymes that help
renew dead skins. You can mash a papaya with
avocado, a bit of honey and oats to make a
nourishing facial mask.
15. To help fight skin fungus or yeast, use Apple
cider vinegar. It can also relieve sunburn and bug
bites, lower blood pressure and work as a skin toner.
16. Coconut Oils are amazing for clearing away dead skin
cells. You can use it to make natural scrubs by combining with
oats. You can also coat your unwashed hair in coconut oil,
leave on for an hour, and then shampoo your hair. This will
leave your hair deeply conditioned and soft. Coconut oil can be
used to remove makeup, as well. After rubbing on skin, you can
gently wipe off. The oil leaves your skin soft and moisturized.
17. Ground coffee is not just for drinking, it also
help eradicate cellulite and exfoliate dry skin.
18. For those people who are going
bald, Cayenne pepper is an organic solution for
promoting hair growth.
19. Strawberries are natural beauty treatment for
acne because it contains antibacterial properties.
20. Extracting the juice of Cilantro and applying
this on scalp before shampooing promotes hair
growth and reduces hair loss.
21. Celery not only can help in loosing fats but it
also acts as an acne killer. It can also calm the
nervous system and help eliminate bad breath
22. Spinach when applied to face for 20 minutes
clears out acne, working immediately after use.
You can make a lovely mask out of honey, spinach
and lemon juice.
23. A carrot facial scrub revives dead skin leaving
it fresh and firm
24. Getting prep to have a glowing skin for the
beach? Use olive oil instead of your usual
pampering lotion on your skin.
25. Say goodbye to warts by crushing oregano
leaves and applying directly on infected skin.
26. Pumpkin is not just for Cinderella but it is also
for your healthy glowing skin
27. Get a glowing face with peaches: make a peach
paste by combining with yogurt. When applied to skin
leaves it a supple and glowing effect.
28. Mushroom extracts help lighten age spots
and even out skin tone.
29. Leftover Kiwi can still be useful, just combine it
with yogurt and apply to skin to have the smooth effect
30. Tender Basil leaves boiled with tea are used as
treatment for those who have high fever.
31. Soak almonds overnight in milk. Then toss the almonds into
your food processor. Mix with honey to make a nourishing mask
to help with wrinkles. Or, instead of soaking, toss dry almonds
into food processor. Once it’s powdered, use it as facial scrub.
32. Milk is often the main ingredient when it comes to lotion and
body wash. Wonder why? Try this. Use a cotton to apply milk on
the skin. Let it dry and leave it overnight. You’ll see a difference
once you rinse it with warm water.
33. Chocolate? Yes, you can use it on your skin too. Just combine it
with sea salt brown sugar and milk. You can now enjoy this heavenly
aroma on your chocolaty face mask.
34. Any type of pure fruit juice can also be an organic facial cleanser.
Just put a few drops of lemon squeeze and honey and you can use as a
foaming cleanser to remove dirt on your face.
For further tips, resources and a
free course, visit