Mixed Emotions or “Pet Peeves”
• Having started three companies I have been caught in the middle.
• As an inventor I want my patents protected.
• As a user of a valid patent I am willing to pay a fair and equitable
Patent System Has Failed
• Patent office has allowed subpar submissions to become patents
• Many applicants lack ethics
• Make slight changes to or combine existing concepts
• Frequency hopping in RFID
• RFID tags tuned for higher dielectric medium
• Applying RFID to different tracked items
• Failure to disclose previous art
• Multiple inventors on a single patent?
Legal System Has Failed
• Financial position is dominant force in determining suit
• Suits filed in the court do not require support and can be
subsequently quoted by third parties.
• Plaintiff should pay legal fees of any patent litigation not
• Lower the defendant’s level of proof for damages.
• Limit royalties on Non-Practicing Entities (NPE’s)
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.