1. Using your culture notes, identify 3 + cultural
norms from Inuit culture based on these pictures.
2. What do you think an Inuit person would find
interesting about your culture if they met you
Sub - Culture
• A culture within another culture
– For example
• Describe the teacher sub-culture
• For each element, write 2
examples of each cultural element
The Nacirema culture
Pg 1 whole class
Person 1: reads first half, pgs 3-11
Person 2: reads second half pgs 12-21
Taking notes on unusual cultural norms,
cite paragraph number
6 cultural norms in total
Assignment: draw a picture of Nacirema culture
showing all 6 traits
Assignment: Geography of …..(Your country)
1. Describe the continental location of that country. (For
example: Japan: East Asia, or Egypt: North Africa)
2. Identify at least three physical features located in that
3. Draw a political map of this country, labeling the capital city
and three or more political borders.
(a few won’t have these)
4. Contrast the country’s population to the United States.
5. Contrast the country’s size to the United States.
6. To visit this country it would be important to learn what
7. What economic resources does this country have?
8. What business do you think you could open in that country
to be successful and why?
9. Describe this country’s flag in 2 + sentences
Extra +1 10. Identify a famous person born in this country and tell why they are famous