1. Thou shalt listen to the ‘experts’, but design for
2. Thou shalt remember that what people want
and what they say they want is very different.
3. Thou shalt respond to all feedback, even when
thou need to say, “No thanks.”
4. Thou shalt not take negative feedback
5. Thou shalt give credit to those whose ideas you
6. Thou shalt flag even small changes thou
7. Thou shalt be agile: make small, incremental,
iterative changes, rather than hold off for big
8. Thou shalt realize that sometimes the
smallest, simplest improvements make the
9. Thou shalt remove thou’s ego from the
picture (it’s not about thou).
10.Thou shalt avoid consensus at all costs.
1. Stop moving and look around you until you see
2. Transfer the knowledge.
3. Every time you feel anxiety, acknowledge it.
4. Define your own measure of success.
5. Get outside of your personal circle.
6. Realize that everything is out of your control
7. Have patience.
about those rockin’ images:
• Many are from iStockphoto.com (totally cool site)
• except as marked on the photo...
• a screenshot of my friendwheel: http://
• and the logos & screengrabs I stole from all of the
• Avant Game: http://www.avantgame.com
• Cruel 2 B Kind: http://www.cruelgame.com
• Microformats: http://www.microformats.org
• OpenID: http://www.openid.net
• Creative Commons: http://www.creativecommons.org
• BarCamp: http://barcamp.org
• Coworking: http://coworking.info
• Ma.gnolia: http://ma.gnolia.com
• Friend Wheel: http://apps.facebook.com/friendwheel
• Great internet stats: http://pewinternet.org
• Whufﬁe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whufﬁe