2. Unit 1 and 2
• To complete your GCSE, you must have 2
coursework projects, these are also known as
• Unit 1: ‘Natural Forms’ (Complete)
• Unit 2: ‘Collections’ (this project will last until
• After February you will be complete the exam
3. What is Collections?
• col·lec·tion (k-lkshn) n. 1. The act or process
• A group of objects or works to be seen,
studied, or kept together
– Collecting present participle of col·lect (Verb)
– Verb: Bring or gather together (things, typically
when scattered or widespread).
– Accumulate and store over a period of time.
4. Selecting your collecting!
Think about things that interest you.
You may have built up your own collections
of things already or you might think of
something interesting that you will be able
to complete some exciting coursework from.
5. You can use collections of anything...
6. Many Famous Artists have based
their work on collections of
7. Andy Warhol
8. Lisa Millroy
9. Kim Kibby
10. Julian Opi
11. Patrick Coulfield
12. Michael Craig Martin
13. Cornelia Parker
14. Damian Hirst
15. James Hopkins
16. Tony Cragg
17. Its now time to choose….
you should think about the following key
-You must be interested in you chosen collection as
you will be creating lots of Art work on this theme
-You must be able to bring your own resources in and
take primary photographs of your chosen collection
-You should make sure your collection will work well
for detailed observational drawings as these are an
important part of your project.
18. First Task …
Deadline… Wednesday 10th September
1. Complete a front cover page for the project
‘Collections’. We suggest you collage a range of
different collections for this page and add a simple
2. Complete two ‘Brain Webs’ ….
- A general one based on ‘Collections’ – work together
to fill a double pages and think of as many things as
- Complete a small diagram where you narrow your
idea down, and consider all the things to do with your