Follow the Rules of the RoadEngage, don’t sellFirst things first: let’s just be clear that weare NOT selling on LinkedIn. Yes, you readthat right – NO SELLING ON LINKEDIN! It isnot a sales platform.
Then what are we doing here then? Oh, Iam glad you asked:You are going to increase your reach (getin front of more people), engage themwith your valuable content and drive themto your landing pages.
… So no straight up pitches. Instead seedresult-oriented content, click-worthylinkbaited headlines that would drivetraffic to your landing pages.Let’s unpack this:
1. Increase Your ReachLinkedIn is an excellent platform forconnecting effectively with vast number ofpeople many of whom will be your futureclients.
1. Increase Your ReachYou can increase your reach by activelyoutbound connecting (sending outLinkedIn invitations to your contactlist, people you met at aconference, etc.), accepting most oflegitimate inbound connectingrequests, joining relevant groups, etc.We are not going for quality, but mostlyfor quantity here.
2. Engage Your Audience with ValuableContentWhat’s valuable content? It is not “here isa press release on how great we were lastyear” – it is not actionable, not relevantand not interesting for your clients.
2. Engage Your Audience with ValuableContentOn the other hand, something like:“101 Ways to Increase Client Engagementand Grow Your Sales” is valuable content– is specific, relevant, valuable andpresented in small, bite-sized chunks.
3. Drive Your Audience to a Landing PageRemember, you are not trying to close asale on LinkedIn, you are trying toestablish enough interest and trust withyour LinkedIn connections to move to thenext step in the sales process, whatever itmight be.
3. Drive Your Audience to a Landing PageSo make sure that your valuable contentis full of appealing, actionable and A/Btested CTAs (Calls-to-Action) with links toyour landing pages where your LinkedInconnections can engage further.
Measure traffic referred from LinkedIn(through Google Analytics), measureclicks on links (through bit.ly urlshortening service).What doesn’t get measured doesn’t getimproved.
What to measure:- what type of content gets you the mostclicks?- what type of content gets mostshares, likes, and retweets?- what time of the day is the mosteffective for posting?- what headlines and titles work best?- what social media platform gets you themost traffic?
- Accept all incoming connectrequests- Connect: aftermeetings, conferences, tradeshow pingpeople you met with a LinkedIn request- Give forward: post useful, valuablecontent before asking for anything.
- Use the 15-3-1 ratio: for every 15pieces of good relevant content you postthat’s not your own, engage 3 peoplewith questions and/or comments andonly then post 1 link to your own landingpage with a CTA.
- Link your other social presence –blog, website, twitter, facebook, etc. – toyour LinkedIn account.- Include LinkedIn button in youremail signature, website, blog, etc.- Follow companies :clients, competitors, complements tomonitor what they are doing withLinkedIn, apply what works for you.
If you follow these steps and LinkedIn will become the most amazing source ofleads, prospects and clients for you. Guaranteed!
This was a Get Yourchapter from: FREE Copy: http://bit.ly/LeadGenLinkedIn