2. Present Perfect FORM AUXILIARY VERB + PAST PARTICIPLEI have been to London three times.She has seen the ﬁlm.They have gone to school by bus.
3. Present Perfect + SUBJECT + VERB + COMPLEMENTI have studied a lot for this exam.She has eaten all the food!We have met before.
4. Present Perfect - SUBJECT + AUX+ NOT +PAST PARTICIPLE + COMPLEMENTI haven’t (have +not) studied a lot for this exam.She hasn’t (has + not) eaten anything!We haven’t met before.
5. Present Perfect yes/no ? AUX + SUBJECT + PAST PARTICIPLE (+ COMPLEMENT)?Have you seen my new coat? Yes, I have / No, I haven’tHas she phoned her mother? Yes, she has / No, she hasn’tHave they ﬁnished their homework? Yes, they have / No, theyhaven’t
6. Present Perfect WH- ? WH + AUX + SUBJECT + PAST PARTICIPLE (+ COMPLEMENT)?Where have you been?What has she bought?How much money have you spent on that car?
7. Present Perfect What does “present perfect” mean? I have been to London three times.The present perfect tense connects the present and the past.When I say “I have been to London three times” the time referenceis UP TO NOW or SO FAR. This meaning is in the tense itself.
8. Present PerfectEXAMPLE 1:Have you ever been to London?EVER = AT ANY TIME IN YOUR LIFE UNTILNOW
9. Present PerfectEXAMPLE 2:He has just found a job.JUST = IN THE NEAR PAST AND THEREFORELINKED TO THE PRESENT.
10. Present PerfectEXAMPLE 3:I have lost my passport.I HAVE A PROBLEM NOW BECAUSE I DON’THAVE MY PASSPORT.
11. Present PerfectEXAMPLE 4:She has studied English for threeyears.SHE STARTED STUDYING ENGLISH 3 YEARSAGO AND IS STILL DOING IT.
12. Present PerfectKEYWORDS
13. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSJUSTShe has just arrived from London.
14. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSRECENTLYHave you been to the theatre recently?
15. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSSO FARHe has had three different jobs so far.
16. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSEVERHave you ever travelled by plane?
17. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSNEVERThey have never been to the USA.
18. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSFORI have worked here for 11 years.
19. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSSINCEI have worked here since 2000.
20. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSALREADYYou have already read that book.
21. Present PerfectPRESENT PERFECT KEYWORDSYETYou haven’t read that book yet.
22. Present Perfect WHEN DO WE USE THEPRESENT PERFECT TENSE?
23. Present PerfectTo connect the past and the present: I haven’t seen the ﬁlm.With certain keywords: They have always lived here.
24. Present PerfectTo talk about something that happened at anunspeciﬁed time in the past. Have you seen the ﬁlm?If we specify the time, we use the simple past Yes, I saw it last week.
25. Present Perfect PRACTICE TIMEBBC LEARNING ENGLISH: QUIZ 1BBC LEARNING ENGLISH: QUIZ 2PRESENT PERFECT / SIMPLE PASTFOR AND SINCE 1FOR AND SINCE 2