1. NBA#15 – Holocaust Vocabulary
1. Anti- Semitism - discrimination against or prejudice or hostility towards Jews.
2. Concentration Camp - a guarded compound for the detention or imprisonment of
aliens, members of ethnic minorities, political opponents, etc. especially any of the
camp established by the Nazis prior to and during World War II for the confinement and
persecution of prisoners.
3. Death Camp - a concentration camp in which the inmates are unlikely to survive or to
which they have been sent to be executed.
4. Genocide- the deliberation and systematic extermination of a national, racial,
political, or cultural group.
5. Gestapo- the German state secret police during the Nazi regime organized in 1933
and notorious for its brutal methods and operations.
6. Holocaust- the Systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in. Nazi concentration
camps during World War II
7. Nazi- a member of the National Socialist German Workers party of Germany, which in
1933, under Adolfo. Hitler, seized political control of the country, suppressing all
opposition and establishing a doctors hip over all cultural, economic, and political
activities of the people, and promulgated belief in the supremacy of Hitler and Führer,
aggressive anti-Semitism, the National supremacy of the German people, and the
establishment of Germany by superior force as a dominant world power. The power was
officially abolished in 1945 at the conclusion of World War II.
8. Persecution - a program or campaign to exterminate, drive away, or subjugate a
people because of their religion, race or beliefs.
9. Propaganda - information, ideas or rumors deliberately spread wildly to help or harm
a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
10. SS (Schutzstaffel) - an elite military unit of the Nazi party that served as Hitler’s
bodyguard and as a special force.
11. Star of David- a hexagram used as a symbol of Judaism.