1. STS-129 Greetings from Mission Control Wave The experimental use of Google Wave to interact, inform and engage the public
2. What the heck is Google Wave Or what sort of social media policy have I violated this time? <ul><li>What the heck is a Google Wave? </li></ul><ul><ul><li>It is sort of an integrated Email, collaboration tool, Chat, Newsgroup, multimedia service all rolled into one interface. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Tested out instead of the FB Group using Google Wave to share the mission with the public </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Still using the common sense approach of only public available info (press kit, youtube, A2G loops, Post MMT press conference) </li></ul></ul><ul><li>https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252BgcjSYmg9A </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Search with:public STS-129 </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Need a Wave account – currently system is in Beta </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>I don’t have any invites to give you. </li></ul></ul></ul>
3. The Wave – public and open to anyone on Google Wave to find and follow using search and the tags for classifying the wave Embedded NASATV video Player Embedded ISS Groundtrack app Wave Tags – public, NASA, ISS, Mission Control, STS-129, Space Shuttle Wave followers – anyone can add friends to the wave using the + symbol
4. Standard summary of the mission and timeline events for the day and tomorrow based on what has been released by PAO, MMT briefings, aired on NASAtv Wave is just another way to inform the public on what is going in the mission
5. Replies to the FDX post include embedded video from NASATelevision Youtube page for highlight video and some cool images from imagery server Wave provides embedded multimedia for public engagement via the use of apps, video and photos
6. Any follower of the wave can post a reply, question, comment and add their friends to the wave Wave is another way to foster engagement and interact with the public
7. Wave also allows for a slideshow function for readers to view all the embedded images at once.
8. What Wave Should not be used for <ul><li>Just like any other social media tool whether it be email, web, newsgroups, IM, Twitter or Facebook it should not be used to release SBU content, pre-decisional information or any other information that is not already available to the public. </li></ul>
9. What Wave can be used for Another tool to engage the public with a rich multimedia experience all within the one location. Combines the functionality of various tools like Youtube (video), newsgroups(threads), Flicker(photo) and press release into integrated product to provide two-way direct interaction with the public.