Morris-Jumel Mansion First Built in 1765 by its first owner, Roger Morris, as an homage to Palladian-style architecture. Played a role during the American Revolution One of the only remaining landmarks from The Battle of Hamilton Heights Declared as a Historical Landmark in 1961 Now serves as a museum and is open to the public.
Hamilton Grange Originally located at W. 143rd Street before moving to 287 Convent Avenue Designed by John McComb, Jr. First housed Alexander Hamilton and his family Served as a reminder of the wealth and power of the esteemed political family
Trinity Church of Cemetery Located between Amsterdam and Riverside Drive Landscaped by James Renwick Jr. Currently the only cemetery that allows burial services in Manhattan Listed under the National Register of Historic Places The center of the Heritage Rose District of New York City.
The Church of the Intercession Advocated for in 1846 by John James Audubon and John R. Morewood Originally established in a home on 155th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue Move to its current location at 550 W. 155th Street in 1906. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places Declared as a New York City Landmark.
Sylvan Terrace One of the historical places in Harlem still in use is Sylvan Terrace Originally served as the carriage drive for visitors of the Morris-Jumel Mansion Currently part of the Jumel Terrace Historic District
Hispanic Society of America Founded on May 18, 1904, by Archer Milton Huntington Located on Audubon Terrace, Broadway between 155 and 156 Street Holds more than 800 paintings, 6000 drawings, 1000 works of sculpture, and more! Audubon Terrace serves as a landmark for cultural center, now housing HSA, The American Academy of Arts and Letters, and Boricua College