LindsayQ&A throughoutExplain that will try to show them typical workflow
What’s New feed – keeps you updated with what’s happening in your groupAnnouncements – inform all members something easily through annoucementManage easily with a shared calendar, upload photos after an event so that all members can easily access, upload files related to members so that they can download anytime
You can set up several groups. Sometimes it’s easier to split members into various sub-groups and manage them accordingly.
Your virtualthumbdrive, never have to worry about losing the files.Store, access, and share your files with friends or co-workers, from anywhere online. With 25 GB of free, password-protected online storage, you’ve got the freedom to share large photos, files, and documents. Share large files over SkyDrive instead of sending big attachmentsYou set the passwords and you decide who sees what, so you have confidence that your data is in your control. Limit the level of access (view only / edit)Easily download the entire folder of files into a single zip fileYou can literally drag and drop files from your PC. It’s so easy!
Ever-increasing storage – Get 5 GB of storage to start with and, if you hit that limit, we'll add up to 500 MB per month of additional storage space.Aggregate multiple email accounts - Easily access other e-mail accounts, like Gmail, so you can receive, read, and respond to all your e-mail in one place. All you need to do is click on “Add an email account”. Then enter your email address and password for the e-mail account you want to add and you are done. WebIM – Access Messenger without downloading the client
Windows Live™ Mail helps you access and manage your multiple e-mail accounts, your calendar, and your contacts—right from your desktop. Plus, with its familiar look and feel and seamless sync technology, Window Live Mail is the next generation all-in-one e-mail application. The best thing is older messages and calendar events are always accessible on your PC, even when you’re offline.For most major email providers such as Gmail, Windows Live Mail should be able to automatically configure the server settings. Your emails will be downloaded immediately and you can start reading and sending emails directly from Windows Live Mail. Nowadays we take tons of photos using our digital cameras and share it with our friends and family. Usually we would either upload the photos to a photo sharing site or we will email the photos. Windows Live Mail allows you to create a photo mail so that send high-quality images to friends without clogging their inboxes with big attachments. You can add borders and captions to the photos within your e-mail message. Click the photo you want to enhance, then use the buttons to add borders and effects. And sent! Easy.
Aggregating Hotmail into Outlook if you are already using Outlook
Favourites – Select people whom you often chat with and put them upfront Group Chat - Chat simultaneously with a group to keep everyone up-to-date at once. Each Group in Messenger gets its own home page and group calendar so the whole gang is in sync. Messenger groups can include up to 20 people. PhotoIM - View and comment on photos with a friend in real time. Simply drag and drop pictures into the conversation window and watch as your friend flips through the pictures. Your friend can also easily save the photos she likes directly from the conversation window. Integration with other services – Get a preview of your Hotmail inbox, what’s new feed, stay in touch with news on MSN Today
Share your activities from other services like Facebook, Twitter & Facebook with your Windows Live network. All you need to do is to add link your account to your Facebook profile and updates will be automatically added to your recent activity feed for a complete view of what’s going on with you online.
People tagging – With face detection, it’s easier to add -- easier to findPanoramic stitching -Create panoramic views by stitching together multiple photos. All you need to do is select the photos to you would like to stitch together, right click and select “Create panoramic photo”. You can now share with your friends and family the whole picture.Fast publishing & editing -Fix red-eye, crop, adjust light levels, and correct colors—or select “Auto Adjust” for one-click editing—so your favorite memories look just as great as you remember. You can then publish your photos in a snap to Windows Live Photos, Facebook, Flickr and other popular photo-sharing services.
AutoMovie - AutoMovie automatically turns your videos, photos, and music into a great movie! You provide the raw materials, and MovieMaker fits it all together, including titles, transitions and soundtrack in less than a minute!
1. Free Online Tools for NGOs<br />Improve Communication & Collaboration with Microsoft Online Tools<br />Presented by Cuong<br />Technology Evangelist<br />Microsoft<br />Microsoft Confidential.<br />1<br />
2. 2<br />Microsoft Confidential.<br />Who I am?<br />I am Cuong, technology evangelist of Microsoft Vietnam.<br />14 years in IT and software development, joined Microsoft since 2007.<br />From 1996 to 1999, I work in some IT Projects for NGO:<br />Web site of GTZ Online<br />Web site of EU Malaria Control for Indochina <br />Anti drug trafficking internal database GTZ ChiangMai, Thailand.<br />
3. 3<br />Microsoft Confidential.<br />QUIZ !!!<br />You work for a NGO project. You have limited resource (human and budget). How could you leverage IT to run your project better?<br />- Call for donor and sponsorship.- Call for volunteers.- Target audience.<br />See next slide <br />
4. 4<br />Microsoft Confidential.<br />Food for thoughts<br />Your NGO’s mision: to enhance adolescence’s awareness on STDs prevention and birth control;<br />Target group: female students in universities/colleges/vocational schools.<br />Donors: int’ organisations & individuals.<br />Staff: Project staff and peer educators.<br />
5. By the end of this session, you will…<br /><ul><li>Be aware of free online tools from Microsoft and how they could help you in your nonprofit work.
6. Understand how online tools can complement your work with existing, “offline” software.
7. Know how to set up an account to access and work with online tools.</li></li></ul><li>Agenda<br />Getting Started with free online tools<br />Collaborate – Make working in teams easy<br />Communicate – Stay in touch with stakeholders<br />Share & Stay Connected – Work across devices<br />Questions & Answers<br />
8. Getting started with Free Online tools<br />
9. First Things First: Why Use Free Online Tools?<br />Easy-to-use communications tools<br />Extend work across typical boundaries<br />Anywhere access from multiple devices<br />Collaborate more easily w/ remote teams or staff<br />Extend usefulness of existing software<br />Available for use by staff, volunteers, donors, board members, etc.<br />Free. Safe. Easy to set up and maintain.<br />
10. Leading Services<br />Rich apps that light-up Windows<br />Hotmail<br />Home.live.com<br />Groups<br />Photos<br />Sync<br />SkyDrive<br />Spaces<br />Mail<br />Photo Gallery<br />Movie Maker<br />Messenger<br />Toolbar<br />Family Safety<br />Writer<br />simplifies your connected world<br />Faster, more flexible ways to communicate and share<br />Easier to integrate and manage all your digital stuff<br />Optimized experiences for the PC, Mobile and Web<br />5<br />Tools are available Online and Offline<br />
11. Groups<br />SkyDrive<br />Share & Stay Connected<br />Communicate<br />Collaborate<br />Hotmail & Mail<br />Writer<br />Photos<br />Messenger<br />Movie Maker<br />Mobile<br />How can you use the tools?<br />
12. Let’s get started: create A Windows Live ID<br />At the Windows Live ID sign up page: <br />Type the e-mail address you would like to use –or– sign up for a new ID<br />Notes<br /><ul><li>In some instances you might see either the Create a Windows Live e-mail address or Use your own e-mail address option listed.
13. Creating a new Windows Live e-mail address gives you access to all Windows Live online services, including Windows Live Hotmail.
14. Although you can use your existing e-mail address as your Windows Live ID, you won’t have access to Windows Live Hotmail services.
15. If you use your own e-mail address to create your Windows Live ID, you may need to verify your e-mail address. </li></ul>Windows Live ID Sign Up Page account.live.com<br />
16. <ul><li>To download the latest windows live , go to download.live.com
17. Click on the “Download” button</li></ul>How can I download the latest Windows Live through the website?<br />
18. How can I download the latest Windows Live through the website?<br /><ul><li>Or if you need to download only specific programs, you can click the name of that specific program directly</li></li></ul><li>Collaborate with Free Online tools<br />
19. Using Groups to create an Online Collaboration Space<br />What’s New Feeds<br />Announcements<br />Group Photos, Files, & Calendar<br />Groups.live.com<br />
20. You can have more than one group<br />Set various groups within your NGO and managed using 1 Windows Live ID<br />Groups.live.com<br />
21. Encourage active online discussion among members<br />Get volunteers more involved by opening up topics to discuss online<br />Gather feedback from members easily<br />Groups.live.com<br />
22. Store and share files online with SkyDrive<br /><ul><li>25GB FREE Online Storage
23. Password protected folders – choose who you share with.
24. Whole Folder Upload/Download
25. Easy drag & drop</li></ul>Skydrive.live.com<br />
26. View and EDIT Office FILE directly in SkyDRIVE<br /><ul><li>Very handy when you travel and use public computers
27. Still in beta</li></ul>Skydrive.live.com<br />
28. Stay organized with Calendars<br />Schedule & Share Upcoming Events<br />Collaborate with supporters inside and outside your organization<br />Publish public and private calendars<br />
37. Photos & Photo gallery – organizing and sharing<br />People tagging<br />Panoramic stitching<br />Easy touch up<br />Easy upload <br />
38. Movie maker– Create and share original content<br />Auto Movie – Create your own video clip in 30 seconds<br />Easily export of video in various formats<br />
39. Access LIVE from Your Mobile<br />
40. Submit questions by using the Q&A button at the top of your screen<br />Questions & Discussion<br />
41. Resources to get started & learn more<br />
42. Learn More<br />Get Started with Windows Live<br />www.windowslive.com/explore<br />Download Windows Live Essentials<br />PhotoGallery, MovieMaker, Family Safety & more: download.live.com <br /> <br />
43. Thank you<br />Microsoft Community Affairs<br />