2. Gravitas is crucialStarted in recruitmentin 1995, 10 yearsagency andheadhunting, 8 yearsrecruitment leadershiproles
3. So What Does an internal recruiter actually do?
4. Stages of Recruitment• Job Analysis• Sourcing – routes to market• Screening and selection• Negotiating Offers• Onboarding• "The head of recruitment is actually the head of rejection.” Rajeeb Dey, CEO of Enternships.com
5. Vatican Recruitment Team
6. So why is it so difficult to hire Product Managers?
7. JD’s for Product Managers
8. What are we actually looking for?
9. Definition of Product Manager I define the role of the product manager first and foremost as the person responsible for defining – in detail – the product that the engineering team will build – Marty CaganProduct management is anorganizational lifecycle functionwithin a company dealing withthe planning, forecasting, ormarketing of a product orproducts at all stages ofthe product lifecycle. - Wikipedia
10. How Do We Find Product Managers?
11. Things We Can Agree on?• A clear passion for building stuff• Intelligence/problem solving• An ability to objectively analyse a product• An understanding of the importance of the customer experience in a products success• Data driven
12. How to Hire/Assess?• Product Managers are “already in your organisation, hiding under a different title”-Marty Cagan -• Like for like hiring from competitor ?• Focus on Core Characteristics – challenge to identify from a CV?• Rely on a great cover letter (!)
13. Stages of Assessment• Screening for agreed core competencies by internal recruiter• Test Stage – data/product analysis/recommendations• Presentation – communication/influencing