2. <ul><li>The World is Changing </li></ul><ul><li>It is changing F A S T </li></ul>
3. We cannot grasp it totally …. We don’t know what our future will need
4. <ul><li>Education too needs to change </li></ul>
5. What will your child need to know more acutely in future????
6. To think out innovative solutions to complex problems?? How to measure the area of rhombus OR
7. Mathematics and Logic are a part of it It is important BUT Insufficient The former is an example of Vertical Thinking step 1 step 2 step 3 step 4 Maths
8. Because it does not allow breeding of new ideas Or creation of new products Or new insights in existing problems
9. <ul><li>Hence the need for </li></ul><ul><li>L T R L </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>A E A </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Thinking </li></ul></ul></ul>
10. For the first time we introduce a formal course on directed thinking Lateral Thinking
11. Lateral Thinking is a tool that leads to Insights, creativity and new ideas
12. Ideas that are not just technical
13. But ideas that bring CHANGE Change in every field from Politics to science Philosophy to traffic nuisance Personal happiness to sports
14. Lateral Thinking teaches you how to think creatively, turn problems into opportunities, find alternative solutions, and spark your creativity on demand.
15. Can’t Believe ??? Try this Divide a square into 4 equal parts in as many ways as possible
16. May be this one too Got this? Got this too??
17. But could you have thought of all these ways??
18. But in real life you need to solve practical problems Try this Four plants are to be planted in a garden in such a manner that they are equidistant from each other
19. Try…. May be a square ?? May be a circle ….. Try as hard as you can … the solution is almost impossible Unless ………… but noooooo But then what about diagonals
20. You think Laterally and break the assumption of planting all trees on the same level ….
21. Because Lateral Thinking is a skill that can be learnt practiced and applied just like Now you see lateral thinking solves problems …. Practical Problems Maths, Tennis or music
22. <ul><li>Lateral Thinking was originated by </li></ul><ul><li>Dr. Edward De Bono in 1970s </li></ul>Dr. De Bono considered to be one of the 250 most influential people in the entire history of humankind has written over 60 books
23. He has taught Lateral Thinking to Nobel Laureates and Fortune 500 companies and 4 year olds in South Africa and Cambodia !!! It is the simplicity and practicality of De Bono’s work that make it the most widely used program on directed Thinking
24. It will be done through a systematic well-defined course aimed at “significant improvements in IQ, creativity, flexibility and fluency of thinking” And we at Devashish are proud to say that now on Devashishians will be trained not just in Maths and Science but will receive FORMAL training on THINKING
25. And good thinking ability alone will take him through.. Prepare your child for the future Teach him to THINK through novel situations To THINK in adverse conditions To THINK unusual solutions Because the future is going to be very different….
26. For more information please contact the PRO at the school’s Front Desk Thank you for your attention.