4. Class Description:</li></ul>Keyboarding is designed to develop in the student correct technique, functional speed and accuracy in the keyboard manipulation, and in simple problem solving. Students will study the keyboard, proofreading for accuracy and meaning, vertical and horizontal placement, care of the computer, keying numbers, letters, reports, personal-business and business letters, envelopes, tables, memos, and some desktop publishing. Students in the 7th grade will receive a ½ unit for high school credit.<br /><ul><li> Computer Technology covers all the fundamental aspects of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. When students complete this course, they will have a firm knowledge of the many capabilities of word processing spreadsheet creation, database development and presentation graphics in a window environment .The Internet will also be included in many of the projects covered in this course. Students in the 8th grade will receive ½ unit and if received ½ unit in the 7th grade, it will fulfill the computer elective requirement for high school graduation.
5. The Road to Success:</li></ul>Objectives<br /><ul><li>Increase keyboarding proficiency to maximize the use of the computer.
6. Practice and reinforce basic word processing skills to create professional documents.
7. Reinforce Internet research strategies to produce content rich documents.
8. Inserting and manipulating clipart, graphics, word art, and images.
9. Expose students to real world connections and learning through the use of media.
10. Provide a wide variety of learning strategies using the content areas: reading, writing, math, science and social studies.