2. Content • Mobile Technology Evolu1on – Mobile Telecom Standard – Mobile Phone • Current Market Situa1on • Mobile Telecom Ecosystem • Mobile Trend 2013 • Mobile Marke1ng • Some advice for brands • Key terms that we should know
11. Mobile Market Share (Q3 2012) Source : nbtc.go.th Non voice revenue is growing up (Q3 2012) Source : nbtc.go.th
12. (Nov 2011) Source : we are social but now Mobile S u b s c r i b e r s i n Thailand is around 81M
13. Mobile Telecom Ecosystem
14. Mobile Telecom Ecosystem (Before 2007)
15. The 9pping point…
16. Current Mobile Telecom Ecosystem Carrier Applica1on Stores Hardset Vendor OS Providers 3rd Party Players
17. Mobile Trend 2013
18. Mobile Trend 2013 • Mobile Device BaCles • Mul1 Screen World • Apps & HTML 5 • Responsive Web Design • Personal Cloud • Internet of Things • Mobile Payment • The rising of Mobile Apps from Thai Startups
19. Mobile Device BaTles Mobile devices will pass Consumeriza1on drives PCs to be most common tablets into the enterprise Web access tools
20. The New Mul9-‐Screen World
21. The New Mul9-‐Screen World
22. Apps & HTML 5 With the convenience introduced by HTML 5, it will be the preferred standard for applica1on design and development
23. Responsive Web Design Responsive design is becoming the go-‐to way to present web-‐based content. Designing speciﬁcally for every device in the world is nothing short of impossible and this alterna1ve proves to be a very reliable op1on to allow content to be consistent across plaWorms. Prepare to make your own website ﬂuid because the number of people who access the internet from tablets and smartphones are growing at a skyrocke1ng pace.
24. Personal Cloud Cloud will be center of digital lives, for apps, content and preferences. Sync across devices. Services become more important; devices become less important. hCp://www.zdnet.com/blog/perlow/personal-‐cloud-‐solu1ons-‐own-‐your-‐data/17930
25. Internet of Things Mobile devices and computers will not be the only ones connected anymore, as we slowly see the rise of smart homes the internet of things will be an inevitable part of our future. hCp://www.nkonnect.com/technology-‐solu1ons/internet-‐of-‐things/
26. Recommended Book hCp://www.alexandra.dk/uk/services/Publica1ons/Documents/IoT_Comic_Book.pdf
27. Mobile Payment hCps://squareup.com/
28. Mobile Payment mPOS (Mobile-‐Point-‐of-‐Sale) has come to Thailand What does it mean for Thai people?
29. Mobile Payment hCp://digio.co.th/
30. The rising of Mobile Apps from Thai Startups ShopSpot Symbols of Style
31. The rising of Mobile Apps from Thai Startups Boxbox.me Wongnai
32. The rising of Mobile Apps from Thai Startups Privepass
33. What does it mean for Thai Digital Marketers? Thai Startups Digital Marketers
34. Mobile App business Models Pay per download In app purchase Adver9sement
35. In App Purchase
36. In App Purchase
37. The meaning of Top Chart on Appstore
38. Mobile Marke9ng
39. Mobile Marke9ng • Mobile Search Ads • Real 1me bidding (RTB) • Rich Media Ads • Facebook Mobile Ads • Loca1on-‐Based Marke1ng • Campaign with QR Code • Mobile with Print Ads • Interac1ve Catalogue App • NFC with Mobile Ads • Branded Mobile Applica1on • Co-‐Campaign
40. Worldwide Mobile Adver9sing Revenue to Reach $11.4 Billion in 2013
41. Set up your Who is your Target group? Deﬁne Clear
42. Deﬁne “Call to Ac9on”
43. Mobile Search and Ad Placement
44. Mobile Search Ads Deliver relevant ads based on keywords (Generic/Brand Keyword) Text Ads Call Extensions
45. Mobile Search Ads Click to download
46. Mobile Search Ads Loca9on Extension
47. Real 9me Bidding (RTB) Method of selling and buying online display adver1sing with instant auc1on. Adver1sers can get more access and more targe1ng.
48. Understand Many factors • Demographic of your target users • Business Industries • Crea1ve Ads • Bigger isn’t always beCer for mobile ad clicks In order to maximize the features and func9onality of each device, mobile Adver9sers should build diﬀerent crea9ve for diﬀerent screen sizes. “Keep monitoring and op9miza9on”
49. Mobile Rich Media Ads
50. Mobile Rich Media Ads
51. Mobile Rich Media Ads
52. Mobile Rich Media Ads
53. Mobile Rich Media Ads Perfume Launch by Lancome Average Engagement Time ~ 3mins Call to Ac1on “Save invita1on” + “Share on Facebook” Click-‐through rate (CTR) 75% higher than the industry average
54. Mobile Rich Media Ads Nokia Lumia engages smartphone users with direct interac9on from the actual device interface Winner at the Australian mobile awards 2012 Average Click-‐through rate (CTR) 0.82%, with a peak of 1.39% Engagement levels Average Visit Dura1on 2min 20sec for every unique visit Average % of new visitors 79.3%, achieving the goal to expose the product to new customers on an ongoing basis.
55. Mobile Rich Media Ads Drive awareness of the Audi Q3 by Audi Peak Click-‐through rate (CTR) 1.025% Average Click-‐through rate (CTR) 0.67% 5% of consumers clicked through to download a brochure and 7% clicked through to the m-‐site for more informa1on.
56. Facebook Mobile Ads
57. Facebook Mobile Ads Sponsored Stories Promote user generated content including likes, status updates, and Open Graph stories.
58. Facebook Mobile Ads Sponsored Stories
59. Facebook Mobile Ads Page Post Ads, Promoted Post Help you reach a broader audience with the content you post to your brand’s Page. (Photos, Oﬀer, Ques1ons, Videos or events) Page Post Ads -‐ can be targeted to non-‐ fans Promoted Post -‐ can be shown only to fans and friends of fans,
60. Facebook Mobile Ads Page Post Ads, Promoted Post
61. Facebook Mobile Ads Mobile App Install Ads Mobile app install ads help developers reach people on mobile devices. When people click on the ad on the mobile device, they will be directed to the App Store or Google Play to install the app.
62. Facebooks news feed redesign is mobile consistency What does it mean for Digital Marketers?
63. Loca9on-‐based Marke9ng
64. Loca9on Based Marke9ng hCp://www.telecomcircle.com/2009/06/introduc1on-‐to-‐lbs/
65. Loca9on Based + AR
66. Redeﬁne Loca9on Based Marke9ng by technology hCp://stores.bestbuy.com/887/ﬁles/2010/09/shopkick-‐15-‐36-‐37.jpg
67. Touch Point QR Code Marker Image Recogni1on
68. QR Code hCp://farmbusiness.blogspot.com/2011/08/whats-‐that-‐ square-‐using-‐qr-‐codes-‐for.html Provide a QR code instead, the user can easily scan the digital informa1on from the printed page and go directly to the link,
69. Campaign with QR Code Virtual Store hCp://www.businessinsider.com/the-‐most-‐crea1ve-‐people-‐in-‐adver1sing-‐2012-‐7?op=1 hCp://www.it24hrs.com/2012/now-‐virtual-‐store-‐thailand/ hCp://www.mythaiphotos.com/big-‐c-‐virtual-‐shop-‐in-‐bangkok/ What is the key success factor of this case?
70. Mobile Print Ads hCp://www.arip.co.th/1ps.php?id=414059 hCp://thumbsup.in.th/2011/07/digital-‐adver1sing-‐campaign-‐magazine-‐ speak-‐trident-‐by-‐adapter/
71. Mobile Print Ads Volkswagen hCp://www.adweek.com/adfreak/10-‐great-‐magazine-‐ads-‐dont-‐just-‐sit-‐there-‐looking-‐preCy-‐132401
72. Mobile Print Ads iSnap by the Na9on hCp://thumbsup.in.th/2013/01/isnap-‐the-‐na1on/
74. Near Field Communica9on Near ﬁeld communica9on (NFC) is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communica1on with each other by touching them together or bringing them into close proximity. -‐ Wikipedia hCp://www.intomobile.com/2010/04/26/ hCp://technopundit.com/nfc-‐in-‐nokia-‐mobiles/ near-‐ﬁeld-‐communica1on-‐to-‐hit-‐android-‐ phones/nfcexample/
75. NFC with Mobile Ads hCp://www.nfcworld.com/2012/10/03/318174/ telstra-‐promotes-‐nfc-‐in-‐sydney-‐and-‐melbourne/ hCp://www.jcdecauxna.com/ hCp://www.nfcworld.com/innovate/document/nfc-‐and-‐ 2013/01/07/321698/crosscliq-‐delivers-‐marke1ng-‐bridging-‐gap nfc-‐magazine-‐ad-‐for-‐blackberry-‐rogers-‐ and-‐cibc/ What is the key success factor of this case?
78. Branded Mobile Applica9on Ford 2013 Fusion App Ac1vated by capturing the Ford logo, the app let fans access a virtual course, where they could test drive the car. A new course was added every day from early December un1l the reveal. Useful hCp://mashable.com/2012/03/02/branded-‐mobile-‐apps-‐innova1ve/
79. Branded Mobile Applica9on Mcdonald This app uses technology that accesses McDonald’s supply-‐chain and Augmented Reality (AR) to deliver interac1ve informa1on about McDonald’s food (Where their food has come from). Useful
80. Branded Mobile Applica9on Nike The Nike+ Running app tracks distance, pace, 1me and calories burned with GPS, giving you audio feedback as you run. Useful hCp://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/products/gps_app/
81. Branded Mobile Applica9on MINI The game challenges you to hunt, catch and escape with a virtual MINI in Stockholm using an iPhone app and your own two legs. The catch is, you have to get within 50m of the virtual MINI to hit “Take The MINI Now” in the app before escaping as fast as possible, because anyone else who gets within 50m of you can instantly take the virtual MINI back! If you are the person holding the virtual MINI ater 7 days of 24/7 gaming, you’ll win a real MINI Countryman! Have Fun! Game hCp://www.digitalbuzzblog.com/mini-‐getaway-‐arg-‐game-‐in-‐stockholm-‐2010/
82. Branded Mobile Applica9on Coca-‐Cola Turning beachfront concept store into a lab for the company’s “Happiness Reﬁll” project. A dispenser that give young cellphone users data credits to browse the internet rather than soda. Useful Brand Experience hCp://www.shakemelikeascroll.com/happinessreﬁll/
83. Branded Mobile Applica9on Coca-‐Cola Coca-‐Colas app Chok turns mobile devices in a remote control that the user shakes when a Coke commercial comes on the screen. Have Fun! Game hCp://www.prda.asia/how-‐social-‐media-‐helped-‐coca-‐cola-‐grab-‐hong-‐kong’s-‐aCen1on-‐once-‐again/
84. Branded Mobile Applica9on Muji Useful hCp://www.muji.com/app/
85. Branded Mobile Applica9on Heineken “Cheers” Cheers lets you simulate the clink sound of two boCles with your smartphone and share contact with friend. Have Fun! hCp://mashable.com/2012/03/02/branded-‐mobile-‐apps-‐innova1ve/
86. Co-‐Campaign No. of Users : 10.2M (Dec 12) • Number 1 in Chat App in Thailand • Number 3 in the world ater Japan Taiwan • Increase of 1,150 % in just one year • Co-‐campaign with brand (Telco, Airline, FMCG, Banking, Tourism etc.)
87. Co-‐Campaign SHAZAM Old Navy hCp://veronicawallstrom.com/blog/2011/02/shazam-‐old-‐navy/
88. Recommended Book Review: hCp://thumbsup.in.th/2012/02/the-‐app-‐mobile-‐case-‐study-‐book/
89. Some advice for brands
91. Check your goal Check your resource Mobile Web • Deliver content • Establish broad mobile presence (Easily found on search engines) Mobile App • Interac1ve engagement • Work like computer program
92. 2 When we develop mobile product….. • Set up your goal. • Which devices your users use most and design for the right device. • Start with People, not Technology -‐ User experience is heart of any product. • User shouldn’t search very far for your product’s key value. • What is product’s key value? Don’t try to put everything !! – few key features and make it work well – feature set ﬁts the mobile experience • Agile Development and Test Test Test!
93. 3 Key terms that we should know.. Gamiﬁca9on Case Study : MINI Gamiﬁca1on is the concept of applying game-‐ design thinking to non-‐game applica1ons to make them more fun and engaging. – gamiﬁca1on.org Case Study : Foursquare Case Study : Shopkick Case Study : NIKE hCp://www.gamiﬁca1on.org/ hCp://thumbsup.in.th/2011/07/gamiﬁca1on/
94. 3 Key terms that we should know.. SOLOMO Case Study : MINI Social Local SOLOMO Case Study : NIKE Mobile Real life x The internet x Real Time
95. 3 Key terms that we should know.. ZMOT hCp://vimaltripathi.posterous.com/zmot-‐zero-‐moment-‐of-‐truth hCp://www.zeromomentotruth.com/ hCp://thumbsup.in.th/2012/04/zmot/
96. “To win consumers’ aTen9on and trust, marketers must think less about what adver9sing says to its targets and more about what it does for them” – Jeﬀrey F. Rayport
97. Reference: Video Clips Volkswagen hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhbkqFdKnP8 ShopKick hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uixneqbqkI Pamper Hello Baby hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjW8aAqrsOk Ford Fusion hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5QMrIvZzow Mcdonald (Trackmymacca) hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBnqg_KTSIc Nike+ hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46hEaFKa638 Mini hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMWu1h_6OfE Reﬁll Happiness Coke hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4jPl-‐nL-‐YM CoCa Cola Chok hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEDsERv-‐rFA Heineken hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cemdionmmlc Shazam Old Nav hCp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreenNR=1v=Q67kJC8JuYk