1. The Return of the Inter Hostel Quiz at IIT DelhiPOUNCE AWAY, HUNGRY TIGERS
2. 48 questions Infinite bounds Pouncing open through out the quiz Rules for the pounce, raise hand, show answer, get +10 or -5. Questions will pass normally either ways till the correct answer is out in the normal pass scenario
3. And the answer is
4. Famous Macguffins Crystal Skull- Used in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Cache of Uranium-Notorious Birds- Used in the birds, never revealed why the birds attack Rosebud- Used in Citizen Kane Unobtainium- Used in Avatar Briefcase- Used in Pulp Fiction Ark of the Covenant- Used in Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark Rabbit‟s Foot- Used in Mission Impossible 3
5. He set a world record in the 1976 Montreal Games in the Decathlon, something that would be broken 4 years later by Daley Thompson by a meagre 4 points. He won back a title which was originally won by a Soviet in 1972, thus making him a cold war hero during the heart of the conflict. However, he is best known today for being the stepfather of whom? and, who it is?
6. And the answer is
7. His lifestyle consists of living in a two-story beachfront home, drinking excessively, smoking cigars, constant womanizing, gambling, and wearing bowling shirts and shorts the vast majority of the time. He sleeps in constantly, and is the boss of a full-time housekeeper. Money "falls into his lap" as he lives a life of free-spirited debauchery. He has a vast range of phobias including stage fright, commitment, his mother, spiders, large birds, germs, change and hard work. He died as a result of being struck by a train while in Paris. His 2011 funeral was seen by millions of people.
8. And the answer is
9. Sheldon Cooper: Is that woman ______ ___? Rajesh Koothrapali: Yes, isnt she an amazing actress? Sheldon Cooper: Actually, Id say shes a poor mans _____ _____ 2. Rajesh Koothrapali: [angered, Rajesh turns his head toward Sheldon] How *dare* you! ____ ___ is a goddess! By comparison, _____ _____2 is a l-leperous prostitute! Sheldon Cooper: [shocked] Sorry, I didnt mean to offend you. Obviously, youre not that familiar with Indian cinema. Rajesh Koothrapali: [angrily turns his head toward Sheldon a second time]
10. And the answer is
11. And the answer is
12. And the answer is
13. According to golfer Greame McDowell, which women‟s tennis star “makes a killer homemade ice cream”?
14. And the answer is
15. "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act.“ (Land of the free, home of the brave only George Bush and his idiotic subordinates believe that sh*te), the British government (Why are British troops in conflict zones risking their lives, on Americas behalf? Supporting a fascist regimes ideologies? Bring them home) and the Labour party (Well Id vote for David M over Ed M, everyday of the week. I cant believe hes the most appealing labour politician??? David for
16. And the answer is
17. “I dont think you can take two mid-size sedans, chain them to a bank vault and haul it behind you on a high-speed chase through the streets of Rio de Janeiro while being chased by the cops. I think the traffic would be too bad.”
18. And the answer is
19. This financial institution was constituted as a result of an eponymous act in 1964, as Development Financial Institution (DFI) and came into existence on July 1. It was regarded as a public financial institution till 2004 when it was transformed into a bank. Which institution?
20. This painting appeared in a much hyped sequel to a 1980s classic, which released in 2011. Which painting and the painter?
21. And the answer is
22. A TRIBUTE TO SOMEONE WHO HAS BEENADEQUATELY DESCRIBED AS “TALIBAN AFTER ALADY GAGA CONCERT” Latin word for One repeated twice A 9 letter word for complete domination A 9 letter word for the final showdown (this was all so 2008) Add to this a 6 letter word for the „A lasting impression‟
23. What is the colloquial name for Pepper, when its sold as the fourth variety, (not Green, white or Black)?
24. And the answer is
25. Grergorio Fuentes was a Cuban fisherman who was born in the 19th century, sometime in 1898, and died in the 21st, in 2002. He, however, has a much deeper claim to fame, apart from being one of the few people to have been around at the turn of the two centuries. What?
26. And the answer is
27. Fuentes was Hemingways captain and cook for nearly 30 years, steering his ship and preparing his favourite cocktails. He died in the house he had always lived in as he was preparing to go to church. He had been suffering from cancer.
28. Born Gurpreet Singh ____, he went on to study at Khalsa College, North Campus, before enrolling into the MBA program at the Fore School of Management. His mother is an academic, having been the principle at Mata Sundari college. However, his career really took off in 2004, when he joined Phat Phish records, a label that aimed to break the remix monopoly on music. Who?
29. And the answer is
30. Bill James, now 62 years old, worked as a security guard in Lawrence, Kansas, at an establishment named Stokley Van Camp‟s pork and beans cannery. In his spare time, he wondered about how this sport works, and wrote „_____ Abstract‟. The _____ abstract was then looked upon by a young Yale graduate, along with Billy Beane. What 2011 pop culture entity did all of these elements combine into?
31. And the answer is
32. This island, owned entirely by X, served as the venue for Y‟s wedding where X also served as the best man in 2007. Identify X and Y.
33. And the answer is
34. Both of these legendary sports venues share a unique link. The one on the left, is now owned by an enterprise named after the one on the right, the latter happens to be one of the oldest of its kind in existence.
35. On a recent joke on Twitter, it was announced that Johnny Wilkinson is quitting the England colours. Someone quipped thus, “When he attempted to score, he imagined an old woman named Doris in the crowd”. _____ also does the same
36. Waard, a non-alcoholic drink, is the toast of the town, literally, in this middle-eastern country. The drink is made from pomegranate and a type of an orange, called trinj. What would be Waard‟s connection with a country that hosted the opening Grand Prix of the 2006 and 2010 F1 season?
37. And the answer is
38. Known for his prowess as the world‟s top ranked Modern Warfare 3 player using the alias Megaracer, there has been a lot of noise recently when he slumped to No.2. Of course, he could did little to help his cause, now that he is lying behind bars in a New Zealand prison. Also known for his expansive collection of cars, who is this person, born ____ Schmitz?
39. And the answer is
40. His foray into football began when he was entrusted as the interpreter for Sir Bobby Robson at Sporting Lisbon, and FC Porto, a job he later continued with the Dutch maestro Louis van Gaal. He took his popular nickname from a press conference, when he said... "Please dont call me arrogant, but Im European champion and I think ___________”
41. Anti clockwise
42. Pt. Gaya Prasad Shivcharan and Pt. Kanhaiya Lal Durga Prasad established which popular destination in Delhi? In fact, two of the shops in this area are still run by their descendants.
43. And the answer is
44. 25924 ________ is an asteroid from the asteroid belt. It was discovered by LINEAR on February 19, 2001 and given the provisional designation 2001 DA42 A citation from the internet. Fill in the blank, put fundae.
45. And the answer is
46. In English, the Czech word for „Slave‟ has a lot of prominence. It, amongst other things, has a branch of science named after it. What‟s the good word?
47. And the answer is
48. Which famous personality, who was also chosen in Time magazine‟s 100 most influential people in the world has recently been appointed as a brand ambassador of Mercedes Benz India as a part of their mb- inspired campaign?
49. And the answer is
50. Singers and significance?
51. Two siblings, who dominated aparticular sport for a decade, now livein different countries from the one theyrepresented. Sport/Country, or thecommon last name?
52. Born in Allahabad, she made her name working as writer/critic with the Times of India, pitching in stories for the entertainment section, and films. Her knowledge of cinema, according to the paper, was encyclopedic. Who is this lady, who passed away in jan 2012?
53. Oddly enough, where or in whose possession were these images discovered during 2011, someone who used the name Leezza to refer to the lady?
54. And the answer is
55. During the visit, he presented Rice with a diamond ring, a lute, a locket with an engraved likeness of himself inside and an inscribed edition of The Green Book, a personal political manifesto that explains his Third Universal Theory for a new democratic society. Together, the haul was worth $212,000.
56. Having starred in many famous independent films like Brokeback Mountain, I‟m not there, Shutter Island and My week with Marilyn, this actress has carved out a niche for herself. Who, who also has child with the late great Heith Ledger?
57. And the answer is
58. His Apr 8, 2005 funeral had people from the fraternity chanting “Santo Subito”. It is rumoured that he didn‟t do enough to aid the plight of the Jews in his country. Who is this famous goalkeeper?
59. Which popular 2001 Oscar nominated film takes its title from this Claude Monet painting?
60. Which popular institution was established as a retort to Claudius II, a.k.a. Claudius the Cruel banning a social ritual, which led to someone taking a stand against him?
61. Though the official name is now different, which locality in Delhi is named after one of the ranks held by Arthur William Albert, who was a member of the British Royal family and a Governor General of Canada?
62. Who has directed this ad? Next Slide
63. if we look at the history of south east Asia, one country particularly stands out. Not only has this country never been colonized by a European power, the birthday of the king is celebrated as the National Sports Day. Which country?
64. Recent evidence uncovered in London suggests it was in Europe as early as the 13th century, over 200 years before the Conquistadors allegedly brought it back from the New World. Caused by the spirochete bacterium Treponema pallidum, which disease is this?
65. No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun – for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax – This won’t hurt. Aged 67, which US writer fatally and deliberately shot himself while sitting at his typewriter in his “fortified compound” of Owl Farm, Woody Creek, Colorado?
66. Obesity in the western world has been accepted as an endemic. Which EU member country introduced in 2011 what is believed to be the worlds first fat tax - a surcharge on foods that are high in saturated fat?
67. What was the 2011 inspiration from this film poster?
68. Which film is this clip from? Clip next slide
69. Called No Direction Home (released in 2005), Martin Scorsese made this documentary about the early career of which American singer-songwriter, musician, poet and painter?
70. Now officially the highest selling singer of all time, with which singing star would you associate twins born on 30 April 2011 - a boy called Moroccan and a girl called Monroe - nicknamed Roc and Roe, dad is mums husband of three years, Nick Cannon?
71. Though the show carries his name, he has only directed 17 of the 250 plus episodes. He is best known for doing his parts on the show in French and German, showing his fluency in the languages, often mimicking the sponsors. Which show, which usually opened with the „Funeral March of a Marionette‟?
72. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in 1908 (allegedly) and Che Guevara in 1967 were all shot dead in which country?
73. Which popular band‟s album/song is played in this clip?
74. Which celebrated Delhi family‟s eldest member currently lives in a residential complex designed by his father, named for his grandfather, in an area that has one of the most expensive markets in Asia and the world?
75. After his wife gave birth to their first child together – a little girl named Giulia – who has described breastfeeding as “slavery”?
76. In the European classification of what would one have 19 variants, with F in the middle, flanked on either side by B-9B and H-9H?