1. Computer Organization andDesign, Fourth Edition The Hardware/Software Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design)
2. Book Description This Fourth Revised Edition of Computer Organization and Design includes a complete set of updated and new exercises, along with improvements and changes suggested by instructors and students. Focusing on the revolutionary change taking place in industry today--the switch from uniprocessor to multicore microprocessors--this classic textbook has a modern and up-to-date focus on parallelism in all its forms. Examples highlighting multicore and GPU processor designs are supported with performance and benchmarking data.
3. Book Description As with previous editions, a MIPS processor is the core used to present the fundamentals of hardware technologies, assembly language, computer arithmetic, pipelining, memory hierarchies and I/O. Sections on the ARM and x86 architectures are also included.
4. Book Description The companion CD provides a toolkit of simulators and compilers along with tutorials for using them, as well as advanced content for further study and a search utility for finding content on the CD and in the printed text. For the convenience of readers who have purchased an ebook edition or who may have misplaced the CD-ROM, all CD content is available as a download at bit.ly/nFXcLq
5. Book Description This Revised Fourth Edition of Computer Organization and Design has been updated with new exercises and improvements throughout suggested by instructors teaching from the book. Covers the revolutionary change from sequential to parallel computing, with a chapter on parallelism and sections in every chapter highlighting parallel hardware and software topics.
6. Book Description Includes an appendix by the Chief Scientist and the Director of Architecture of NVIDIA covering the emergence and importance of the modern GPU, describing in detail for the first time the highly parallel, highly multithreaded multiprocessor optimized for visual computing
7. Editorial Reviews "The new coverage of multiprocessors and parallelism lives up to the standards of this well-written classic. It provides well-motivated, gentle introductions to the new topics, as well as many details and examples drawn from curent hardware." - John Greiner, Rice University "Patterson and Hennessy not only improve the pedagogy of the traditional material on pipelined processors and memory hierarchies, but also greatly expand the multiprocessor coverage to include emerging multicore processors and GPUs. Computer Organization and Design sets a new benchmark against which all other architecture books must be compared." - David A. Wood, University of Wisconsin-Madison
8. From the Back Cover The Fourth Edition of Computer Organization and Design focuses on the revolutionary change taking place in industry today: the switch from uniprocessor to multicore microprocessors. This emphasis on parallelism is supported by updates reflecting the newest technologies, with examples highlighting the latest processor designs and benchmarking standards. The MIPS processor is the core used to present the fundamentals of hardware technologies, assembly language, computer arithmetic, pipelining, memory hierarchies and I/O. Sections on the ARM and x86 architectures are also included.
9. About the Author David Andrew Patterson (born November 16, 1947) is an American computer pioneer and academic who has held the position of Professor of Computer Science at the University of California, Berkeley since 1977. Patterson is noted for his pioneering contributions to RISC processor design, having coined the term RISC, and by leading the Berkeley RISC project. He is also noted for his research on RAID disks. His book on computer architecture (co- authored with John L. Hennessy) is widely used in computer science education. Patterson is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
10. Customer Reviews “ There are so many problems that are very ambiguous as to what they are asking for. ” D. George “ I may end up having to buy the paperback even though I already paid for the kindle edition. ” Ben Yoshiwara “ This book is very valuable for any college student ofComputer Science and a must have for anyone working with computer architecture. ” Beto Raposa
11. Computer Organization andDesign, Fourth Edition We have found most affordable price of Computer Organization and Design, Revised Fourth Edition, Fourth Edition: The Hardware/Software Interface (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Architecture and Design) from Amazon.com It offers Fast and Free Shipping. Once again! Dont forget to compare price on amazon.com before you buy. Check out now when Stock Last to Avoid Disappointment!”