View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Raising Achievement with a Learning Platform
Twynham School Mike Herrity
– 11-18 Comprehensive School with 1550 students on roll 350 in 6th Form
– Nationally Average Intake (IACI 0.14 and KS2 APS 27.5)
– Leading Edge School and Training School
– Graded Outstanding in last three Ofsted Inspections over a decade
– BECTA ICT Excellence Award- Learning Beyond the Classroom
For further details: www.twynhamschool.com/supportinglearning
Revision Gateway student survey
– 98% of students said they would use the Revision Gateway as part of
their revision programme
– 62% of students said their use would be frequent.
– 93% of students described the navigation as good or excellent.
What would stop students using the Revision Gateway?
„Only death itself!‟
An enthusiastic member of year 11
The role of the parent in the learning process
School Student Parent
The importance of Parental Engagement
Recent research has shown that parental engagement
is a decisive factor in determining learner
“What really matters is that learners feel their parents
are paying attention, engaged in the children‟s learning
and care about their performance.”
Online Reporting BECTA 2008