iPads in the Classroom Part 2 Lets Get Personal• April 9, 2013• Begins at 3:00 pm
Webinar Guidelines• All participants are on mute during the entire webinar.• Presentation will be 45 minutes, questions and answers will be 15 minutes.• To ask a question, type your question in the question control panel in the upper right corner of your screen.• We will try to answer questions as they come in. If your question is not answered it will be addressed at the end in the Question and Answer section.• If you are disconnected for any reason please call (518) 723-2137
Webinar Extras• The webinar is being recorded to be placed on the CTE TAC Website.• You will be able to download the PowerPoint slide show.
iPads in the Classroom Part 2 Presenter: Mike Dionne Retired Sidney Central School District Technology Director K-12 Technology Education Teacher
• SCREEN CAPTURES BASIC FUNCTIONS• MAKING FOLDERS• SEARCHING APPS• CREATING WEB SHORTCUTS• CLOSING APPS• ACCESSING CAMERA• ACCESSING VIDEO• ACCESSING THE WEB• COPY & PASTE
SAVING STUDENT PROJECTS • DROP BOX – free app – Classroom account – Account added to iPads • EMAILING – classroom Google account • PRINTING – wireless
11 EDUCATIONAL USES TO GET STARTED1.PROJECTING CONTENT 1. Microscope – 1:1 or Class application 2. FROG DISSECTION - Group learning activity, introduction to an app 3. Students can share their research
Use iPads to:ResearchResourceProduce 2. Production
3. Create a class videoOPEN HOUSE CLASS PRESENTATIONBOOK TALKSVIDEO TAPE PRESENTATIONS OF STUDENTWORK FOR YOUR WEBSITERECORD CLASS FIELD TRIPSCREATE DIFFERENT PICTURE AND USE FOR AWRITING ASSIGNMENTMORE IDEAS….
EARTH OBSERVER WORLD ATLAS GOOGLE EARTH• 4. USE MAP APPS – INSTANT FIELD TRIP!
5. BRAINSTORM!• Have students share ideas interactively iBRAINSTORM SIMPLE MIND MINDMEISTER TOTAL RECALL DROPMIND LITE
FACE TIME/SKYPE/JOT! CONFERENCE WITH ANOTHER CLASS IN YOUR DISTRICT, IN THE STATE, OR AROUND THE WORLD TO EXPAND YOUR CLASSROOM6. FACE TIME/SKYPE
7. USE THE CALENDARTo add classroom events and assignment deadlines
Doodle Buddy Show Me Educational Games8. Use as a Free Center
9. “HOW TO” • 10. JOURNALS• Doodle Buddy• Show Me
• The Elements 11. SCIENCE Wolframalpha• Wonders of Geology• Calculator• Science Glossary
Others (through the iTunes App Store)• VoiceThread• Pinterest• QR Code Creator• Popplet Lite• Dragon Dictation• Nearpod• Storyrobe• Side by Side
TONY VINCENT – LEARNING IN HAND PROJECT –BASED LEARNING PROJECT-BASED LEARNING
SonicPics StoryKitStoryRobe iMovieComic Life Real DirectorCreative Commons FlipBookDoodle Buddy Idea SketchStrip DesignerWhat did he use to pull together the presentation?
Safety in the Technology Room Create a media publication that depicts one of the top 10 safety rules in the Technology class. It must clearly depict the safety concern It may include pictures, audio, video, and text. Apps available Popplet Photos Storyboards 3D Voice Thread Storyrobe Mematic – poster maker Camera App ShowMe Others as Approved Notes App Comic Life Videolicious Strip DesignerExample Activity
Popplet – could be used to add photos of proper/improper behavior whilestudents working on machinesVoice thread – upload photo and have others comment on good/badbehavior (Can you spot this?)Videolicious – create video for proper use of machineShowMe – show proper apparel worn in classComic Life – create comic strip of tech super heroStoryboards 3D – create storyboards for videoMematic (posters)Word Salad - postersApps explanation