Last vacation when and where? Best time to have a meeting? If you were not here doing this, what would you be doing? First job you made money at? One goal or objective you have for the next 2 days (friday and saturday)?
Cognitive Power + Values + Skilled use of Knowledge + Wisdom about people & things + “minus T” the absence of serious personality (temperamental) defects = Current Actual Capacity.Current Actual Capability is the capability to do a particular kind of work at a given level i.e. operate a CNC machine, to manage a sales organization, to design new products. The level of a person’s capability to do some particular kind of work will depend not only upon that persons current cognitive power but also upon how much they value that kind of work and whether they have the training and experience necessary to do the work. Thus someone who DOES NOT value giving leadership to a subordinate is unlikely to have high capability for work in a managerial role as compared to working as an individual contributor.
1. www.create-learning.com<br />Making Teams & Leaders Better. <br />By improving individual effectiveness and team processes. Resulting in increased productivity & people who love the work they do. <br />www.create-learning.com<br />
10. Grey – Insignificant predictor of effectiveness
11. Brown - (-) predictor of effectiveness</li></ul>http://create-learning.com/blog/management/leadership-levels-have-different-indicators-of-success<br />
12. Team Development & Leadership<br />www.create-learning.com<br />
13. <ul><li>In the past when involved in interactive facilitative programs what was successful for you to learn and find value in the program?
14. On a scale of 0 – 10 where would you rank your confidence in your team to make you successful?
15. What would things be like if you were 1 step higher on that scale?
16. For you to leave here saying that these 2 days were worth your time, what must be accomplished?</li></ul>www.create-learning.com<br />
17. www.create-learning.com<br />"Beware of the belief that things cannot be all that bad with current managerial systems. <br />Their serious defects are concealed by the sound common sense and constructive impulse of their people." <br />- Elliott Jacques<br />
23. Great team dynamics include – which if any apply to your team effort;<br /><ul><li>Identify a leader
24. Establish roles & responsibilities + discuss what each person ‘brings to the table’
25. Establish a set of goals & objectives
26. Establish an agenda for managing time to complete the task/meeting
27. Establish a method to determine how they will reach agreement
28. Establish ground rules for their meetings
29. Proper & timely use of quality tools
30. Maladaptive behaviors are properly dealt with immediately and have consequences
31. Ability to get started on task/project quickly</li></ul>www.create-learning.com<br />http://create-learning.com/blog/team-building/9-team-dynamics-that-get-results<br />
32. The great organizational paradox is that effective group collaboration <br />stems from clear recognition of individuals and individual accountability <br />combined with clear specifications of required working role relationships.<br />- Eliot Jaques: Social Power and the CEO. 2002<br />CP + V + SK +Wi + (-T) = CAC<br />http://create-learning.com/blog/manager-training/happy-leaders-are-all-alike-they-know-the-limit<br />Jaques formula for Role Competence.<br />www.create-learning.com<br />
33. www.create-learning.com<br />
34. www.create-learning.com<br />Marshmallow Challenge<br />✦Build the Tallest Freestanding Structure:The winning team is the one that has the tallest structure measured from the table top surface to the top of the marshmallow. That means the structure cannot be suspended from a higher structure, like a chair, ceiling or chandelier.<br />✦The Entire Marshmallow Must be on Top: The entire marshmallow needs to be on the top of the structure. Cutting or eating part of the marshmallow disqualifies the team. <br />✦Use as Much or as Little of the Kit: The team can use as many or as few of the 20 spaghetti sticks, as much or as little of the string or tape. The team cannot use the paper bag as part of their structure.<br />✦Break up the Spaghetti, String or Tape: Teams are free to break the spaghetti, cut up the tape and string to create new structures.<br />✦The Challenge Lasts 18 minutes: Teams cannot hold on to the structure when the time runs out. Those touching or supporting the structure at the end of the exercise will be disqualified. <br />
36. http://create-learning.com/blog/team-building/leaderships-responsibility-in-team-building<br />Action<br />Centered <br />Leadership<br />achieving the task<br />building & maintaining the team<br />developing the individual<br />TM John Adair<br />www.create-learning.com<br />
37. How does the Adair Action Centered Leadership model apply to the Team Performance Model?<br />Examples. Stories. <br />www.create-learning.com<br />
38. So what‘s the scenario?<br />www.create-learning.com<br />
39. Conversations & Team Norms<br />www.create-learning.com<br />
40. www.create-learning.com<br />
41. morale <br />Shows itself<br />As a state of mind<br />Radiating confidence<br />In people<br />where each member<br />Feels sure of his own niche,<br />Stands on his own abilities<br />And works out his own solutions<br />- Knowing he is<br />Part of a team<br />where there exists<br />A sharing of ideas<br />A freedom to plan<br />A sureness of worth,<br />And a knowledge<br />That help is available<br />For the asking<br />to the end that<br />People grow and mature<br />Warmed by a friendly climate<br />-anon<br /> <br />www.create-learning.com<br />
42. www.create-learning.com<br />Hire Michael Cardus of Create-Learning Team Building & Leadership<br />Making Teams & Leaders Better. <br />By improving individual effectiveness and team processes. Resulting in increased productivity & people who love the work they do. <br />Create-Learning's Consulting, Facilitation, Training and Coaching results in increased retention of staff, increased satisfaction with work, increased collaboration and information sharing within and between departments, increased accountability of success and failures, increased knowledge transfer, increased trust as well as speed of project completion and decision making of Leaders, Teams and Organizations.<br />