BEFORE YOU START…
• Pareto's Principle - The 80-20 Rule
• Create a profile of your best clients
• Start with the end in mind
• What do you want to accomplish?
Drive traffic to your website
WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS?
• Standard Ad
• Facebook Offers
• Mobile Ads
Drive traffic to a Facebook Page, App, or Event
• “Like” Ads
• Promoted Posts
• Sponsored Stories
• Facebook’s traditional ad option
• Right-hand side of the page homepage,
events, pages, user profiles, apps and
next to photos in photo albums.
• CPM – cost per 1,000 impression
• 99×72 pixels
• 90 characters
What is your Goal?
• Facebook Pages
• Clearly explain what you’re advertising
• Details of your product or service and special offers
• Calls to action
• Eye-catching image
Who is your ideal
• Location, age,
• Test multiple
•Unless you’ve chosen Advanced Options, you’ll pay for
impressions (CPM = cost per 1000 impressions0)
•These impressions will be optimized so your ad shows to the
people most likely to help you reach your goal
•You will never pay more than your budget
CPM vs. CPC
CPM - cost per thousand impressions
• Will be charged when users view your ads, regardless of whether
or not they click on them.
• Facebook will ensure a certain amount of views
• If there are few clicks, you will still get the same exposure
• If there are lots of clicks, you will pay the same amount
CPC - cost per click
• Will be charged when user clicks on your ad
• If there are few clicks, Facebook will not give you good exposure
• If there are lots of clicks, you will pay more money
Make Me an Offer
• Send discounts and promotions directly to
customers, who can then print out the deal or
redeem a code online.
• Promote your Offer by using the Promote button.
• Once an Offer has been claimed, that activity as
well as Offer details will appear in that person’s
News Feed for friends to see.
Spread the news
• Promoted posts appear in News Feed on both
mobile and desktop
• Show up higher so the audience for the post has
more chance to see them.
• It doesn’t change the original post in terms of
• Draws traffic back to the Page that posted it
• They can be liked, commented and shared
Turn Ads into Recommendations
• Each time someone interacts with one of your
Facebook entities a story is created.
Example: Someone liked your Page
• The most interactive form of ads on Facebook
• Advertisers can sponsor check-ins, offer
claims, Likes on individual posts