marketing: customer segments
for YOUR business
• business market or consumer market
• mass market or niche market
• multisided markets: chicken or egg?
consciously decide who you serve and who
what defines a customer segment?
why target groups and segmentation?
customer groups represent
separate segments if
• Their needs require and justify a distinct offer
• They are reached through different
• They require different types of relationships
• They have substantially different profitabilities
• They are willing to pay for different aspects of
relation to value proposition
‘ A Value proposition creates value for a
Customer Segment through a distinct mix of
elements catering to that segment’s needs’
So if you’re not clear on your customer
segment, how can you be clear on your