The year wasOriginal clock designed by SamSchlosser, Wil Schlosser’s Father 1962, the month was March and so was born the W.M. Schlosser Company. Welcome to the next 50 years of the W.M. Schlosser Company.
Wil Schlosser has amechanical Meet Wilengineering degreefrom DrexelUniversity. After astint with the Federalgovernment Wilembarked on a newjourney. It was timeto start his owncompany - and it wasnamed the W.M.Schlosser Company.
Meet the President, AndyAndy beganworking in 1973 asan Estimator andProject Managerand in 1982 tookcharge of theday-to-dayoperations of thecompany, takingthe company to anew level of avery successfulgeneral
Tommy began Meet Tommywork as aCarpenterApprentice,eventuallyworking his wayup to jobSuperintendent.He took over asEquipment/ShopManager in 1995as well as allof his otherduties atSchlosser.
Peter began in theEstimating Meet PeterDepartment in 1983.He was soonpromoted to ChiefEstimator. Peteroversees the day-to-day operationsof the departmentand is alwayslooking for theright job to bid!
Meet JaneJane came to work forthe company in 1988. Sheinitially handled thePurchasing Dept., butnow she is thereceptionist and thevoice of the companywhile still helping withthe equipment, vehiclesand rentals.
• John F. Kennedy elected President in narrow contest over Richard Nixon 1960’s• Soviet Union shoots down an American U-2 • TV Shows: Perry Mason, Bonanza, My Three Black students stage a sit-in at a lunch counter Sons, The Untouchables, Andy Griffith Show, in Greensboro, NC The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis, Walt Disney• U.S. relations with Cuba deteriorate as Castro Presents regime seizes U.S. assets • First oral contraceptives made available to the• First studies linking cigarette smoking with public heart disease• World Series: Pittsburgh over New York Yankees, 4-3• Olympics held in Rome• Movies: Psycho, The Entertainer, The Apartment• Songs: Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini, Let’s Do the Twist, Never on Sunday, Teen Angel, Stay, Are You Lonesome Tonight
1970’s• Beatles Break Up• Computer Floppy Disks Introduced• Kent State Shootings• VCRs Introduced• Mash TV Show Premiers• Mark Spitz Wins Seven Gold Medals• Pocket Calculators Introduced• Watergate Scandal Begins• Abortion Legalized in U.S.• U.S. Pulls Out of Vietnam• Patty Hearst Kidnapped• U.S. President Nixon Resigns• Arthur Ashe First Black Man to Win• Wimbledon
• Microsoft Founded 1970’s• Nadia Comaneci Given Seven Perfect Tens• North and South Vietnam Join to Form the Socialist Republic of Vietnam• Elvis Found Dead• Miniseries Roots Airs• South African Anti-Apartheid Leader Steve Biko Tortured to Death• Star Wars Movie Released• John Paul II Becomes Pope• Iran Takes American Hostages in Tehran• Margaret Thatcher First Woman Prime Minister of Great Britain• Nuclear Accident at Three Mile Island• Sony Introduces the Walkman
• Failed U.S. Rescue Attempt to Save Hostages in Tehran• John Lennon Assassinated• Ted Turner Establishes CNN• Assassination Attempt on the Pope• Assassination Attempt on the President Reagan• First Woman Appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court• Millions Watch Royal Wedding on T.V.• New Plague Identified as AIDS• Personal Computers (PC) Introduced by IBM• E.T. Movie Released• Michael Jackson Releases Thriller• Cabbage Patch Kids Are Popular• PG-13 Movie Rating Created
• New Coke Hits the Market• Wreck of the Titanic Found• Challenger Space Shuttle Explodes• Chernobyl Nuclear Accident• DNA First Used to Convict Criminals• Pan Am Flight 103 Is Bombed Over Lockerbie• U.S. Shoots Down Iranian Airliner• Berlin Wall Falls• Exxon Valdez Spills Millions of Gallons of Oil on Coastline• Students Massacred in Chinas Tiananmen Square• U.S. President Bush Announces That He Doesnt Like Broccoli
Office Bldg. 1137 Connecticut Avenue Washington, DC
Inter American Defense College, Ft. McNair, Washington, DC
Linear Accelerator & RadiationOncology, NIH, Bethesda, MD
• Hubble Telescope Launched Into Space• Nelson Mandela Freed• Collapse of the Soviet Union• Operation Desert Storm• Official End of the Cold War• Riots in Los Angeles After the Rodney King Verdict• Cult Compound in Waco, Texas Raided• Lorena Bobbitt Takes Brutal Revenge• Use of the Internet Grows Exponentially• World Trade Center Bombed• Nelson Mandela Elected President of South Africa• O.J. Simpson Arrested for Double Murder• Oklahoma City Bombing
• Cow Disease Hits Britain• Two Royal Divorces• Unabomber Arrested• British Au Pair on Trial for Murder• Hale-Bopp Comet Visible• Princess Diana Dies in Car Crash• Scientists Clone Sheep• Tiger Woods Wins Masters• Titanic Most Successful Movie Ever• U.S. President Clinton Impeached• Viagra on the Market• Fear of Y2K Bug• JFK Jr. Dies in Plane Accident• Killing Spree at Columbine High School• NATO Attacks Serbia
Western Branch WWTP, Ground Breaking Upper Marlboro, MD