2. Original Sounds Vs Edited Sounds <ul><li>www.aviary.com Is the website that I used to edit the sounds that I had previously recorded with a microphone through a computer. As I had never used this website before I was unaware how to use any of the feature that the audio editor offered. However throught using aviary I have discovered many ways of editing the pitch,freequency, speed ect of the sounds I had recorded. Below are the sounds that I started with and the final edited sounds finally how I got there: </li></ul><ul><li>To start with I went on to file; import audio and uploaded all of my original sounds into the library so that they were all there ready for me to edit </li></ul><ul><li>Once I had my sounds ready to edit I dragged one on to the track board and renamed them to the relevant sound name. </li></ul>
3. <ul><li>To then start editing I went onto edit; effect which then came up will a separate window which gives you a list of different editing options once clicked one of the following options, high pass,lowpass, reverb, stereo delay, sweepeak, pitch,flanger and finally parametricEQ furthermore, movable dials allow you to move them around to get the sound at the right tempo. </li></ul><ul><li>For this sound (blender) I used high pass to cut the sound this enabled me to sharpen up parts of the sound that didn't match in with the rest of the sounds pitch. I also used the flanger option to use the left delay dial to be able to slow the sound down towards the beginning and finally I used the mix dial to make the sound, sound as though it has been mixed up as the dial alights mixed parts of the sound together. </li></ul><ul><li>To finish the sound I used the fades button to fade out the end of the sound so the sound stopped at a slow long pitch rather than just cutting off altogether simply by dragging the square boxes as far as I wanted the sound to start fading out. Which i did for the mojorityof my sounds. </li></ul>Aviary
4. Aviary For this sound I used the parametricEQ to make the low/high frequency higher to make the entire sound of a louder pitch I used the pan control to adjust the frequency of some of my sound the R symbolised low frequency L symbolised high frequency by moving the line up or down this would change the frequency of the sound. L High Frequency For the majority of my sounds I trimmed the end or beginning as some of the sounds I recorded were to long
5. Aviary I used the stereo delay tool add a left and right delay at different dials to add an ecco to the sound to get the effect that the sound was coming from a distance I used the reverb option to use the dials right/left level to emphasize parts of the sound making beginning quieter louder through the middle end .
6. Original-Edited Sounds Original Sounds Edited Sounds Blender Blender Cutlery Cutlery Kettle Kettle Knife Chopping Knife Chopping Knife Sharpener Knife Sharpener Pots and Pans Pots and Pans Glass Glass Wine Glass Wine Glass Tap Water Tap Water
7. Interface Design ( Original -Final) <ul><li>Theme: Kitchen Appliances (Original) </li></ul><ul><li>Images Used: </li></ul><ul><li>Blender </li></ul><ul><li>Kettle </li></ul><ul><li>Pair of Glasses </li></ul><ul><li>Smashed Glass </li></ul><ul><li>Saucepan </li></ul><ul><li>Cutlery </li></ul><ul><li>Knife Chopping Apple </li></ul><ul><li>Musical Notes </li></ul>I have used images that relate to the sounds I have chosen sounds from around the kitchen The reason I chose to put musical notes straight through my design was to add impact to my images and give it a 3d effect i also decided to do this as not all of my sounds you will be able to hear by just clicking on an image some will be hidden in-between making the site fun and interacting with the user as they have to find them .
8. Interface Design Images were too small once scanned into Photoshop Text was looking messy didn't appear too look digital at high quality of image Was loosing parts of the images as the background was taking over the images
9. <ul><li>Theme Kitchen Appliances (Final Design) </li></ul>Interface Design (Original- Final ) To gather all of my images I drew my overall design and scanned it into Photoshop however when I came to edit my design, by adding colour making the image look more professional it was difficult to get the look as i culdnt add personnel detail to the image like that can be done when it has been drawn the image was looking messy and parts of the images were getting cut out , therefore i decided to get the interface design with high image quality that i wanted i needed to use digital images rarther than hand drawrings e further more i then decided as the deadline was approaching i used roaylty free website sto gather my images however i further developed and edited them to make them my own the royalty free websites that were of most use to me were www.gettyimages.com , the reasons in which i used this perticular website is they over a wide range of royalty free images with lots of different styles for the types of images that i needded such as blender,glasses ect as well as a lot of the images had a white background making them a lot easyier for editing within photoshop.
10. Technologies I have used and the skills I have developed in creating my “One Man Band Site” Photoshop Horizontal Type Tool <ul><li>Firstly By using the horizontal tool I was able to choose the text I wanted to use for the base of my interface I chose show card gothic for my text design </li></ul><ul><li>Now that I had chosen my text I decided too add a style to make the text appear rounded therefore I chose inflate. </li></ul><ul><li>Furthermore I then adjusted the bend in the text the reason I did this is I wanted to insert an image behind the text to make it appear as though he image was pushing through the text. </li></ul>
11. Photoshop Tools Magnetic lasso Tool by using this tool I was able to go around the images to cut out the black background as I needed there to be no background on the image , I used this tool to then carefully select around the image getting all of thee corners Once I had selected the full image, I used the tool bar at the top of the page to go onto select, inverse the reason I did this was to select the back ground so I could then move it away from the original image and delete the background without loosing the image.
12. Photoshop Tools Move Tool Once I had edited all of my images I then used the move tool to move all of my images into place starting with my text and musical/musical notes.
13. Photoshop Tools Eraser Tool Finally I used the eraser tool to erase out any areas that were covering the musical notes however I did leave some to appear as though the notes were going through the images. I was able to hide each layer so only the background, musical notes and the image I was editing was visible at one time making it easier to edit. Click to hide layers
14. <ul><li>Once I had inserted my final interface design into </li></ul><ul><li>Dreamweaver I started to add my hotspots where the </li></ul><ul><li>sounds I have edited will play when clicked the browser clicks on to them. To do this I clicked on to the polygon hotspot </li></ul><ul><li>tool this hotspot tool allows me to go around the image where I want sound. Furthermore to then add sound I went </li></ul><ul><li>onto window, behaviours this would then open behaviours towards the right hand side </li></ul>Technologies I have used and the skills I have developed in creating my “One Man Band Site” Dreamweaver
15. <ul><li>I then went around each image individually with the polygon hotspot tool the reason I used this hotspot tool in </li></ul><ul><li>particular is it allows u to go around every corner/curve in the image to get the whole image surphichantly. </li></ul>Dreamweaver Tools Once I had gone round one image I the went on to the plus sybole;dublicated;playsound which then opens a separate window where I went onto browse and selected the sound needed for that specific image I then furthermore did this for each image that I wanted there to be sound. However after adding the sound to each individual image I then clicked on (click on ) so that when the browser clicked on each image the sound would play.
16. How has my planning and research helped me to make decisions about my site ? This helped me to cut down my tasks individually to identify exactly what I had to do to get my final webpage meeting the final deadline. By keeping a time plan of how many days it would take me to complete each task this helped me to make shore I was completing all tasks within the days I had set to ensure that I could move onto the next task and start putting the webpage together as if I had not kept to this and for example my images were not edited and my interface was not created I wouldn't of been able to add my edited sounds(hotspots) to the interface which may of resulted in not meeting the set deadline. Tasks Time Needed Creating Sounds 2 Days Editing Sounds 3 Days Recording Sounds 1 Day Editing Images 4 Days Creating Webpage 5 Days Applying Sounds to Site 1 Day Applying Image to Site 2 Days
17. Research into Possible Sounds To get an idea of the types of sounds I wanted to use I went out and around college to listen to all the different sounds and wrote them all down . Once I had found a variety of different sounds I then looked through tem and chose some which I thought could be successful on my webpage and some on the other hand would be unsuccessful and finally identified the reasons for these chooses. This helped me to identify and think about all the different sounds that I could find and gave me the idea of mixing different sounds together to make unique sounds. Sounds found
18. Sound Sauce Table (Planning) Below is part of a table that I produced as planning before I started to record all of the sounds for the webpage. This table helped me to identify the key sounds that I wanted to record , how I was going to record these sounds, if the sounds would need to be edited or not, the file type that the sounds were going to be saved as that also had to be suitable to play on a webpage and finally what the purpose of each sound was including base, melody or intro/end. As shown here in my planning I was originally going to record all of my sounds using a mp3 recorder ,however in the end I used a microphone through a computer the reason for this was I thought the sounds clearer via this method. Although I have stated here that I will edit some of my sounds I decided to edit all of my sounds this was dew to various reasons, some of the sounds were too low in pitch some needed effects adding to them ect.
19. Strengths and Weaknesses of My Site <ul><li>Strengths </li></ul><ul><li>Appeals to my target audience (ages 11 and below) as I used bright attractive images and fun playful sounds which I think will appeal to my younger audience </li></ul><ul><li>Uses various different sounds </li></ul><ul><li>Eye catching interface with the use of many colours and various images </li></ul><ul><li>Weaknesses </li></ul><ul><li>As I have hidden some sounds within my interface I could of used a few more sounds to hide around the interface </li></ul><ul><li>Take my own images with a digital camera as I did originally draw my images as it was difficult to cut out each individual image to move them around as I had draw the interface as a whole therefore in the end I decided as the deadline was approaching to use royalty free digital images. </li></ul>