Talk about Web UI Development Work in progress. Wanted to get future along then I am but time doesn't stop. Going to concentrate on Django but all I say is equally applicable to the other frameworks.
Back-end web stacks all very similar. Request in page out. Template based, very easy to produce one One framework is missing - ToscaWidgets Very good support DRY
All frameworks very good in the back end.
All frameworks are good at this Haven't used Turbo gears admin
This are very good. DRY – makes it easy to do a lot of stuff Lots of extensions, make your site look all pretty and stuff, and interactive
Deferring JS loading increase the number of requests but the user doesn't notice Not every one can afoard a CDN
1. Web (UI) Development Michael Kerrin [email_address] http://mkerrin.wordpress.com/
2. Part 1
3. Current Web Frameworks <ul><li>Django
6. WSGI </li></ul>
7. Don't Repeat Yourself <ul><li>DRY Principle
8. “Every piece of knowledge must have a single, unambiguous, authoritative representation within a system”
9. Just don't repeat yourself.... </li></ul>
10. What does that mean? <ul><li>Object-relational mapper