- 790 views
Google Analytics 10 Step Audit ...
Google Analytics 10 Step Audit
How to Ensure Accurate Insights
for Better Business Reporting and Traffic Analysis
in Your Google Analytics
Website Traffic, Transactions
Where Visitors Come From and How They Behave On-Site
Audit Google Analytics regularly. Good Analytics data provides the actionable framework to build business logic and make the smartest marketing decisions. Quality Assurance testing is essential to good data. Provide a sensible dashboard for this intelligence, and speak knowledgeably about revenue, with verifiable facts and trends. Speaking the language of business is something that your customer (likely an E-Com manager, or Operations Executive, or Product manager), will understand and appreciate. These business people cannot operate profitable websites blindly (at least, not for long)! Give them the data they need to gain insights to inform decisions.
Audit with breadth (sitewide tag survey) and depth (filters, tags, segments). Audit frequently. Remember, any time a developer makes a change, or a content writer edits copy, or an E-Com manager adds new products, the Analytics is subject to change and therefore, verification.
1. Google Analytics Code Audit
2. Site Search Tracking
3. Bounces by Type of Traffic - Paid, New and Returning Visitors Bounce Rate
4. Account Filters
5. URL Tagging
6. Mobile Website and Conversion Tracking
7. Macro AND Micro Conversions
8. Custom Reports to Maximize Revenue
9. Unify Results for Easier Interpretation - URL Canonicalization and Rewrite
10. Traffic Source: Not Provided - Apply What You DO Know to Make Sense of What You Don\'t
Tip #1: Funnels: Product Page Add to Cart vs Category Page Add to Cart performance
Tip #2: Google Intelligent Alerts - just plain smart!
Tip #3: Tools & Resources
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views