Electronic Communication InvestigatePresentation Transcript
What is ARPANET?
• The world's first
What is Difference between a Hard &
• A soft bounce is an email message that gets as
far as the recipient’s mail server it recognizes
the address but is bounced back undelivered
before it gets to the intended recipient.
• A hard bounce is an email message that has
been returned to the sender and is
What is Computer Spam?
Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings.
What is Difference between a
Internet and Intranet?
• The Internet is a global network of
interconnected computers, enabling users to
share information along multiple channels
• The Intranet is a restricted computer network;
a private network created using World Wide
What is POP used for?
• Pop-up ads or pop-ups are a form of online
advertising on the web intended to attract
web traffic or capture email addresses.
What is Phishing?
• phishing is the process of attempting to
acquire sensitive information such as
usernames, passwords, and credit card details
by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an
What is Encryption and Decryption?
• Encryption is the activity of converting data or
information into code
• Decryption is the activity of making clear or
converting from code into plain text; quot;a secret
key or password is required for decryptionquot;
What is Netiquette? Why is it
• A set of social conventions that facilitate
interaction over networks, ranging from
mailing lists to blogs and forums.
What does a Router do?
• Routers connect two or more logical subnets,
which do not necessarily map one-to-one to
the physical interfaces of the router