What is your Value?
Российский государственный педагогический
университет России, Санкт-Петербург
Enschede,31 March 2014
Ing. Matthijs H.M. Hammer M.Sc.
Senior lecturer Entrepreneurship
School of Business, Building & Technology
Faculty of Product Innovation Management
• Object or pattern recognition (Matlin, 2002)
• Feature-analysis model and recognition-by-
components model (Biederman, 1995)
• Combination of attributes associated with an
object or pattern (Solso, 1999)
• Methodology of cognitive psychology for talent
identification (Solse, 1999, Bartel & Wiesenfeld, 2013)
Prototype of a talent
1. You like it to do.
2. It costs you not much effort to do.
3. Peers acknowledge you perform above
Source: Hammer & Vloon, 2014
What suites You?
• What do You like?
• What distinguishes You?
• What is appreciated?
You don´t know for yourself.
Identify Your talents
• Use tools as:
–Explicit Your context
Development of Talents
• Training in the same context, maintain
• Training in a different (future orientated)
context, increase the talent, makes it
Solves customer problems
Positive net cash flow
1. Make small groups
2. Identify situations for new business opportunity
1. Solves customer problems
2. Positive net cash flow
3. Manageable risk
4. Superior product
5. Change industry