1. Field Study 2<br />Experiencing the Teaching-Learning Process<br />EPISODE1 <br />LOOKING THROUGH THE MEANINGFUL LEARNING EXPERIENCES<br />Target<br /><ul><li>Observe at least three classes and describe the principles of teaching and learning used by the teacher.
2. Observe the cognitive, Meta cognitive and motivational process in the classroom.
3. List down the instructional materials used by the teacher to facilitate the learner.
4. Reflect on your experience.
5. OBSERVATION SHEETName of the school observed: _________________________________________School Address: _____________________________________________________Date of Visit: _______________________________________________________Grade/year level: _______________________ Subject Area: _________________
6. What principle in teaching - learning were commonly applied?
7. What instructional materials were used in teaching?
8. Which of the principles in teaching facilitate the cognitive, Meta cognitive and positive motivational process of learning?</li></ul>EPISODE2<br />LEARNER’S CHARACTERISTICS AND NEEDS<br />Step 1:<br />Make a journal about the task perform teachers as they teach their lessons noting patterns and variety.<br />Step2:<br />Record and highlight observable and significant event (s) in such teaching-learning activities and events.<br />Step 3:<br />Confer with the teacher regarding observable and significant events.<br />Step 4:<br />Reflect on your experience.<br />MY JOURNAL<br />Name of the school observed:<br />School address:Date of visit: <br />Grade/year levelSubject area: <br />Topic: <br />Description of teaching strategies: <br /> <br />Description of learning activities:<br />Description of learners’ participation (proportion of learners who was participated and quality of participation):<br /> <br />Signature over printed name of F.S student<br /> <br />Assisted By: __ <br />Cooperating teacher<br />EPISODE3<br />ASSISTING A TEACHER WITH A “TEACHER’S TOOLBOX”<br />Steps:<br /><ul><li>Observe a class and identify the lesson objectives, learning activities, instructional materials and assessment tools used by the teachers.
9. Interview the teacher on the reason behind the use of observed learning activities and instructional materials.
10. Reflect on the reasons given by the teacher interviewed.</li></ul>AN OBSERVATIONAL GUIDE FOR ASSISSSTING TEACHER<br /><ul><li>What are the objectives of the lesson?</li></ul>How do the learners participate in the learning activities?<br /><ul><li>What instructional materials are employed?
11. Is she assessing the process or the product?</li></ul>What reasons does the teacher give in having such learning activities?<br /> <br /> Signature over printed name of FS student<br />