SB 1557 - 20 District Consortium • Creates a consortium of 20 districts • Experiment with assessments and doing things differently • Based on their visioning document • Strong emphasis on digital schooling • Passed the Senate and HouseWednesday, May 25, 2011
SB 773 • Extends the telecommunication discounts to 2016 at 110% of LRIC • Passed both chambers • More than likely Senator Zafﬁrini will concur it will go to Governor for signatureWednesday, May 25, 2011
HB 6 • HB 6 combines Allotment funds and Technology textbook and provide districts complete ﬂexibility • Eliminates textbook credits • Eliminates class-set requirement • Senate version - starts immediatelyWednesday, May 25, 2011
HB 6 • House version - allows insurance fee • House version - clariﬁes use of IMA for personnel • House conforming and non-the use of version - eliminates conforming • House version - set aside for Technology Lending programWednesday, May 25, 2011
HB 6 • Senate version - prioritizes content over technology for purchases • Senate version - ensures districts use funds to purchase materials for new assessmentsWednesday, May 25, 2011
HB 6• The budget conferencefor the IMA for this budgeted $608 million committee biennium • Covers - continuing contracts, new textbooks, any technology related purchases• In future years, it of the Permanent School distribution rate will be 50% of the annual FundWednesday, May 25, 2011
Added Amendments• Virtual pay providereliminates allotment but sets up way to School Bill - district• Electronic courses - sets up way to of the TEKS must on courses and stipulates that 80% provide feedback be covered in course, ONLY if teacher provides the other 20%• Require atextbook companies to provide an electronic copy as sample• Allows the SBOElist and open-source materials Commissioner’s to review and comment onWednesday, May 25, 2011
HB 1- Tale of Two Bills • House and Senate passed their version of the budget • Conference Committee has agreed however... • No school ﬁnance plan yet • Hope to be included in SB 1811Wednesday, May 25, 2011
If Not...Special SessionWednesday, May 25, 2011
@tceaAdvocacy http://tceaadvocacy.wordpress.com email@example.comWednesday, May 25, 2011
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.