• One of the best ways to help ourselves make
sure we are doing the right things is to ask
questions. 2 Peter 1:3,10-13
• Are you living Today with Christ?
• Let us ask some questions that can help us
to be sure that we are living with Christ today
Have you died with Him?
• We need to die to the sinful life.
• Rom. 6:8 “Now if we have died with
Christ, we believe that we will also live
Do you have this harmony?
• Rom. 15:5 ESV “May the God of
endurance and encouragement grant you
to live in such harmony with one another,
in accord with Christ Jesus”
• Harmony with our brethren and with Christ
to glorify God... Phil. 2:1-2; Eph. 4:3-4;
Are you in His one body?
• 1 Cor. 12:12 “For just as the body is one and
has many members, and all the members of
the body, though many, are one body, so it is
• You get into Christ’s one body when you obey
His gospel and are baptized. 1 Cor. 12:13
• Christ’s body is the church / kingdom!
Colossians 1:13,18, 24
Does Christ live in you, because
you’ve crucified the old you?
• Gal. 2:20 ESV “I have been crucified with
Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ
who lives in me. And the life I now live in the
flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who
loved me and gave himself for me.”
• Your old worldly self is to be crucified!
Rom. 6:6; Gal. 6:14
Are you alive with Christ,
or dead in sin?
• Eph. 2:5-6 “even when we were dead in
our trespasses, made us alive together
with Christ--by grace you have been saved
-- and raised us up with him…”
• We receive God’s grace when we get with
Christ (in baptism) which makes us alive
from being dead in sin. 1 Peter 3:21
Have you been buried and raised
• Colossians 2:12-13 “having been buried
with him in baptism, in which you were also
raised with him through faith in the powerful
working of God… 13 And you, who were dead
in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of
your flesh, God made alive together with
him, having forgiven us all our trespasses”
What’s your desire?
• Where do you want to be 100 years from
• Phil. 1:23 “I am hard pressed between the
two. My desire is to depart and be with
Christ, for that is far better.”
• It is our future home… 2 Corinthians 5:8-9
Is your old life of sin hidden?
• Col. 3:3 “For you have died, and your life
is hidden with Christ in God.”
• We are to put off (cease) the old sinful life
and put on the new righteous Christ-like
life… Ephesians 4:22-24
Are you a fellow heir with Him?
• We all need to have an obedient faith and
be baptized into Christ so that we can be
children of God. Galatians 3:26-27
• Rom 8:17 and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ,
provided we suffer with him in order that
we may also be glorified with him.
Are You Living Today With
• God directs us to live today and every day
• “If anyone would come after me, let him
deny himself and take up his cross daily
and follow me.” Luke 9:23
• Come follow Jesus and live with Him today
and for all eternity! Acts 18:8; 2:38; 8:37;
1 John 2:25